• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thats good. He doesn't skip a word with his mindless prattle of instruction..

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mine was from jumping off the top of a dog box with a 30-30 after letting the hammer down but not pulling it back to the quarter cock safe position. The impact on hitting the ground was all it took for a round to hit the ground. Pays to keep your muzzle pointing in a safe direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    #8: NEVER. I do recognize they happen and have been present on a few, but when the Firearms Instructor is not observing basic tennants of safety while teaching and NDs into the ceiling: that is a special category of unqualified stupidity. I think I previously mentioned a TERT member who ND in the Ready Room. He understood trust and confidence in him was lost, he resigned from the Team.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess that took place at The Range 702 in Vegas. Never been there while stationed at Nellis but have some friends that go every now and then so maybe they've seen him. Next time I take leave to visit my dad I'll probably go there to check out the .44-sized hole in the roof :)

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hahaha! OmG, that was sort of funny. He really believed that those people might just he meant to fire a round into the ceiling.

Responding to earlier post, I've never had a ND either, but I consciously keep my finger away from the trigger all the time. Not saying I'll never have one because we are all human, but if I'm going ever have a ND in my life, it hasn't happened yet.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Any one that has been around shooting sports or inst. for a long time has had an ND , and has seen 6 or more and knows one or more that's had to seek medical attention. The first one that I had was about 40 plus years ago missed the now ex. about 10 feet, one 45 hole in the wall. Got a couple of friends Inst that has had to get medical help. Just my 5 cents jj

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My one ND happened without my finger on the trigger, just the force of me hitting the ground jumping off my dog box. That one taught me to always engage the quarter cock safety. Buddy of mine shot his self by not engaging the quarter cock safety he had let the hammer down on a loaded chamber and then got out of his boat to tie it up leaving the 30/30 laying in the bottom. When he walked back to get it he pulled it towards him and the hammer caught just enough that when it cleared the bottom of the boat the rifle went off. All I saw was a smoke ring on his chest and thought I was looking at a dead man but he got damn lucky and just blew a hole in his arm right at the armpit. Scary day for sure had to ride 15 minutes up river then leave the boat and haul butt to the ER all while holding pressure and trying to keep him calm.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never had an ND, but was standing
    next to an RO when he had one...
    fortunately he was pointed downrange at the time...

Closest thing I've had to an ND, was an accidental slide release.
    Happened when I was learning on a 1911/.22lr in the Navy
    back in '86. Mis-heard an instruction and released the slide
    with a loud CLACK...fortunately the Instructor was on
    the far side, so by the time he got over to me, had it
    back where it was supposed to be...close call...
    Redeemed myself by doing well enough to get my Pistol Ribbon :D

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom