• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    FamilyFirst, if you have your FL CWL, and you want to remain legal, a good start for answers is in FL Statutes 790.06 Section (12)(a).

I'm unable to find the specific link to the "mental health services" caveat restriction for hospitals, though. I just remember it as one of those extra rules...

Regardless of legality, for the practical portion of your question: get a dedicated belt and AIWB holster for your P365. Just put the belt on over your undies, and wear the scrub bottoms over it as appropriate. A sturdy nylon gun belt holding only a holstered handgun is surprisingly comfortable when wearing stuff like scrubs, workout shorts, swimming trunks, whatever.

Google "p365 aiwb" and multiple options will pop up for your consideration.

Wear it at your 12:30, and the only person who will know it's there is your wife.
    That's the appendix carry I mentioned might be good with a flat thin Keltec 380. But, you know what, a stainless steel derringer would probably survive the sweat better. Less moving parts, too. No slide.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thunderwear is my favorite deep concealment for ANY wear.
    Only way anyone will know it's a gun and not yer junk is if they feel you up.

ed2a62_c421cdd9db6e49d88bc4c587f6844cd0~mv2_d_2344_3008_s_2.webp

Last edited:

Lounge71

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Been wearing scrubs to work for 20 years.Most hospitals won't allow firearms. In NO and ATL. When I traveled as a contract employee and was legally allowed I would wear a Comforttac Ultimate ankle holster with a lc9.It was comfortable and not really noticeable .Would get me from my car to my locker no questions asked.i never once was worried about how it was fastened. Scrubs are super thin so I found the 5 pocket cargo style had a more defined straight leg and hid it well. My 1st reaction during a code silver would be to gain cover so an ankle holster is easy access to your sidearm.
    Problem has been 9/10 hospitals,contract employee or not would not allow ccw.
    Hope it helps . I use a G2 urban carry everywhere else.tried it once in my scrubs but it needs a belt for my taste

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If there's a back order on kevlar clipboards, consider putting a peice of steel, or maybe an AR500 steel plate/target available at Walmart, inside of one of those fancy clipboards that open up to organize papers inside of them. Could also compromise by filling one of those clipboards with sand or concrete
    sounds heavy

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If he's so worried on a daily basis about dodging bullets and returning fire, then he's in the wrong place and needs to go work or live elsewhere. But, take comfort in statistics. Supposedly you got a 90% chance of surviving getting shot, and I'm sure higher than that if you're already in the hospital parking lot

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It's not that easy though is it? My kids go to a great school but they still just might have a IIIA panel in their backpack. A fundemental flaw in most people's preparation is the mental one of thinking an area is safe. Violence happens anywhere at anytime. One of my kids was born just a few years ago at a great hospital. The hospital is located in a dangerous area of an extremely dangerous county which is just other side of the Escambia river. This county has Tampa levels of violent crime with less than a quarter of the population. Several deputies, investigators, and one U.S. Attorney have told me it is the second most dangerous county in the state. All the nurses I swapped stories with were scared to death and I heard several close call tales. Mine happened late evening in the hospital parking lot as I retrieved clothes from our vehicle. A large group of fine gentleman were drinking high end beverages from brown paper bags in the parking lot, not quietly, when one of them approached me and my then three year old with what I perceived as ill intent. Even though he was drinking he displayed an in-depth understanding of violence in discerning who will kill you vs. who may fight back. This has always intrigued me as I have more often than not encountered it among individuals who obviously have an IQ below 90, but man did they understand violence on a deeper level. The decision to place personal safety above law, rule, or regulation and be armed that evening was the correct one. Point being the choice to armor up and/or be armed with some form of weapon is intensely personal and based on many risk assessment factors. Like when fellow motorcyclists would ask what they should pay for a helmet and my reply was always what's your head and face worth? Sorry to ramble on.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It's not that easy though is it? My kids go to a great school but they still just might have a IIIA panel in their backpack. A fundemental flaw in most people's preparation is the mental one of thinking an area is safe. Violence happens anywhere at anytime. One of my kids was born just a few years ago at a great hospital. The hospital is located in a dangerous area of an extremely dangerous county which is just other side of the Escambia river. This county has Tampa levels of violent crime with less than a quarter of the population. Several deputies, investigators, and one U.S. Attorney have told me it is the second most dangerous county in the state. All the nurses I swapped stories with were scared to death and I heard several close call tales. Mine happened late evening in the hospital parking lot as I retrieved clothes from our vehicle. A large group of fine gentleman were drinking high end beverages from brown paper bags in the parking lot, not quietly, when one of them approached me and my then three year old with what I perceived as ill intent. Even though he was drinking he displayed an in-depth understanding of violence in discerning who will kill you vs. who may fight back. This has always intrigued me as I have more often than not encountered it among individuals who obviously have an IQ below 90, but man did they understand violence on a deeper level. The decision to place personal safety above law, rule, or regulation and be armed that evening was the correct one. Point being the choice to armor up and/or be armed with some form of weapon is intensely personal and based on many risk assessment factors. Like when fellow motorcyclists would ask what they should pay for a helmet and my reply was always what's your head and face worth? Sorry to ramble on.
    You risked yours and your family's lives living or passing through such a dangerous place and it ONLY took three years to have a situation. In THREE YEARS of knowing how dangerous that place was I'm sure I could have found a way out. My life and my children's lives are more precious than to live in a such a place and HOPE nothing happens. Yes, it is just as simple as that. Lead your family to safety. No matter what. You are less than a man if you dont. Maybe you just cant see the way out because you've been there for so long. Take a road trip. I've seen everything from the the Atlantic to the Pacific and from the Gulf Coast to Canada, and let me tell you what, give me 30 minutes and my family and everything I own will be gone. Highly deployable, mission capable skills applied to daily life.... to keep my family safe. Because you cant be everywhere at every moment to protect everybody in your family, the least you can do is not have a war zone for neighborhood.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If he's so worried on a daily basis about dodging bullets and returning fire, then he's in the wrong place and needs to go work or live elsewhere. But, take comfort in statistics. Supposedly you got a 90% chance of surviving getting shot, and I'm sure higher than that if you're already in the hospital parking lot

I don't think OP isn't any more worried about his "defense" than anyone else that desires to be prepared 24/7, he just has spacific areas of concern that impact his ability to do so seamlessly. No different than a Court stenographer, a Post Office worker, School Teacher (some districts/States), bar staff and strippers. Lol

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Then change jobs. I'm speaking from experience. I've been held up in my own front yard in broad daylight. I've been home invaded multiple times. I've been car jacked. I've pulled my 12 gauge on a sheriff and lived to be told I was in the right by the same sheriff. I worked at a place that got robbed three times in one year. I had coworkers when I worked at a different business get robbed and stabbed at work on multiple occasions, and one young man got it right in the heart and died right there. It was ok when it was just me. This Marine could handle it. Then I found the woman I married, and her children. I became an instant dad, a protector. Then I finally had 3 good reasons to leave. This isnt about what to carry or how to carry. It's about where you are carrying and you and your family's safety and bettering your odds.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Then change jobs. I'm speaking from experience. I've been held up in my own front yard in broad daylight. I've been home invaded multiple times. I've been car jacked. I've pulled my 12 gauge on a sheriff and lived to be told I was in the right by the same sheriff. I worked at a place that got robbed three times in one year. I had coworkers when I worked at a different business get robbed and stabbed at work on multiple occasions, and one young man got it right in the heart and died right there. It was ok when it was just me. This Marine could handle it. Then I found the woman I married, and her children. I became an instant dad, a protector. Then I finally had 3 good reasons to leave. This isnt about what to carry or how to carry. It's about where you are carrying and you and your family's safety and bettering your odds.

I do not think 100 people here could have that same track record, talk about being in bad situations! I carry 24/7 and have pulled my weapon once 22 years ago

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    And that's not counting when my first wife tried to murder me. She tried to run me over with an S10 when I was on two wheels. Wasn't until after the divorce did I come to terms with the fact that it wasn't an accident. I was stopped with my feet on the ground at a red light when the front bumper got lodged under my rear fender struts and I surfed an S10 through a 16 lane intersection at 50 miles an hour.

FamilyFirst

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not so much interested in ccw everyday because I feel as though I am in an unsafe situation. If that was the case, I would without hesitation remove myself from the situation. peacefully. I desire to ccw because if the small chance arises where I can protect myself, my family, friends or people around me, I'd like to be able to do so.

Raven … crazy stories brotha. I truly hope all that is behind you and its nothing but fair winds and following seas ahead

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not so much interested in ccw everyday because I feel as though I am in an unsafe situation. If that was the case, I would without hesitation remove myself from the situation. peacefully. I desire to ccw because if the small chance arises where I can protect myself, my family, friends or people around me, I'd like to be able to do so.

Raven … crazy stories brotha. I truly hope all that is behind you and its nothing but fair winds and following seas ahead

I carry in gym shorts with a sub compact in a single clip on IWB holster appendix. That's the only time I carry appendix is with the gym shorts, because it's supported and doesn't print. That may be your best option. I have a flexible leather lightweight holster. It's not ideal, but it works. I haven't had an issue with it dislodging from hopping in and out of the truck, but I'm sure you'd see a lot more tedious movements in your line of work. Not gonna lie, it's a shitty brand holster, but it covers the trigger and holds onto the gun for what I do when I'm in gym shorts making a store run or whatever other errands. I've got kydex holsters for regular IWB carry when I'm wearing a belt with pants or shorts.

Top Bottom