• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That pawn shop on Fairfield just east of Pace Blvd has had a couple for 2 or 3 years now but they may just be for show and tell since they’ve had them for 2 or 3 years now.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    A couple of weeks ago Oak Ridge in Gulf Breeze had a new 6" for $1599.

Which brings up the question for the op “are you talking about the new one or the old one?”
    I would be interested in that one if it were a 4”.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A couple of weeks ago Oak Ridge in Gulf Breeze had a new 6" for $1599.

It was a new Python but it is gone now. I commented to an employee that they had sold it and he said no that it was sent back to Colt on a recall. Don't recall what the problem is but it was bad/good enough for it to be sent back to the factory.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It was a new Python but it is gone now. I commented to an employee that they had sold it and he said no that it was sent back to Colt on a recall. Don't recall what the problem is but it was bad/good enough for it to be sent back to the factory.

They recalled somewhere around the first 14K due to timing issues caused by loose screws in the side plate. They also changed out the hammer spring due to light primer strikes. All the new ones coming out and the ones that have been fixed have a QC mark on the frame under the ejector rod that looks like a triangle with some letter in it. I just got one of the new 6" and they are nice guns. The trigger is alot heavier than my older one, but it seems more consistent than my older one. It's a nice smooth trigger, you don't feel hardly any wall before it breaks.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A friend wants a 4". He's been watching Gunbroker but he says the 4" version consistently is going for over $2K. He says that he just can't go that high. Something like $500 over MSRP?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    A friend wants a 4". He's been watching Gunbroker but he says the 4" version consistently is going for over $2K. He says that he just can't go that high. Something like $500 over MSRP?

Yeh, I’m not paying over MSRP. It’s not something I’ve got to have and half the fun is the hunt anyway.

Top Bottom