APOD Firearms

Anybody ever do a camo wrap on a scope??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The only ones I've ever used were the mossy oak, so wouldn't be able to match. But their kits are good quality and fairly easy to work with. Just have to have some patience. I've only done the gun ones not the scope.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The only ones I've ever used were the mossy oak, so wouldn't be able to match. But their kits are good quality and fairly easy to work with. Just have to have some patience. I've only done the gun ones not the scope.

They may have something close.
    How does it hold up?
    Easy to do?
    Realtree Advantage max 1 is the pattern.
    Mossyoak may have a close enough pattern.
    20230716_190550.jpg

Last edited:

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Think they have one called Brush or something that is similar. It's help up good for me, but I only did the 2 guns last year - only did stocks - and haven't really abused them any since. But it has good reviews. It's easy to work with, I just used an exacto and a hair dryer. But it helps if you are more of an anal person with high attention to detail...with patience. What I mean by that is, mine could have been done a little better, but still looks good b/c I don't really have that patience part!!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Think they have one called Brush or something that is similar. It's help up good for me, but I only did the 2 guns last year - only did stocks - and haven't really abused them any since. But it has good reviews. It's easy to work with, I just used an exacto and a hair dryer. But it helps if you are more of an anal person with high attention to detail...with patience. What I mean by that is, mine could have been done a little better, but still looks good b/c I don't really have that patience part!!
    Thanks, I'll have my bride do it. She's very good and fast putting ar lowers together. No springs in orbit with her doing it OR scuffs. :)

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I use that self-clinging camo wrap (similar to an Ace bandage). It's easily removed (just unwrap it), does no damage if you ever decide to sell the scope.
    I also wrap my stock and barrel with different pattern colors, etc. Same stuff I use on my deer cams too. They blend in a lot better than the color they came with.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I've hydro-dipped a few, honestly, that's how that finish was put on your stock. Finding the right pattern would be key.

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I use that self-clinging camo wrap (similar to an Ace bandage). It's easily removed (just unwrap it), does no damage if you ever decide to sell the scope.
    I also wrap my stock and barrel with different pattern colors, etc. Same stuff I use on my deer cams too. They blend in a lot better than the color they came with.
    I was going to suggest that. Years ago I used that stuff on a shotgun, but recall it was sticking and left a residue.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom