DK Firearms

Any opinuons on Anderson Manufacturing AR lowers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Expecting a pending "panic" coming, I decided to pick up a couple of stripped lowers from the Gear Shed in Homer, AK that I stumbled across while traveling for work.

At $54.99 each - it seemed like a good investment. Better than the $85 ATI polymer lowers they had in the same display case...

Has anyone built anything with this manufacturer's lowers? Any issues?

I'm considering a 6.5 Grendel build (for hunting Caribou) and just holding on to the other one as a spare.

It was a beautiful day up here today...

image-1553973679.jpg

Attachments

• image-1553973679.jpg
      image-1553973679.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 271

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive helped build a couple of them. Both of them had shallow grip screw holes. IDK if they werent drilled deep enough or just not tapped. Both occasions I just cut the grip screw shorter and made due.

I also recall a post, I believe on this very forum, about someone getting consecutive serial numbered lowers. One did not have the roll pin hole for the bolt catch.

That being said, if I were able to give it a good once over before purchasing I would use them in the future. Personally, I would not purchase them online.

edit: To be honest I dont seem a panic to the same magnitude of post Sandy Hook. If they couldnt get anything passed after a class of 6 year olds was murdered I dont think its going to happen over a bunch of LGBT. However it was in part because we were on the offensive and we donated to the NRA-ILA and called our Congress critters. We need to stay on top of it this time around too.

Last edited:

FLEXJ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Running one now. Probably so cheap cause they have that ugly stallion logo...but it will rock and roll like a champ.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They are as good as anyones you would pay more for. I have 6-8 but haven't counted lately. Calibers are 50 Beowulf to 22LR. Avoid the chasing a name for lowers. Unless a particular brand has feature no one else has. They are all the same if made after 2001.

The real difference is made on the parts you put in the lower. I like the Larue MTB trigger or Gisele DMR.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Moved to the appropriate section.

I've used a couple Anderson lowers in the past and had no issues, but I've seen some with anodizing that looks purple in the sun (if that sort of thing bothers you).

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one Anderson I paid $45.00 for on sale. Quality is the same as my Colt, PSA, CMMG, and Aero, I can't tell any difference other than they are a lot cheaper than all the other ones. Frankly I don't see why anyone would buy anything else other than if they just don't like the horse logo. Doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I've been talking sh!t about Andersons since I saw one for the very first time. That horse is the second stupidest logo in the industry, second only to Spike's butt pirate, and only slightly ahead of Stag.
    However, while shopping for parts for my latest build, a cheap and cheerful sort of build, I could no longer resist the low price for a very nice forging. So I bought one and put it together last night. My observation is that while the forging are done by Cerro, who also supplies to some top AR makers, the fit and finish isn't as nice. The lower has a rough dullness to it, the black was chipping in a couple of spots, and came off in a couple of more during install, the finish feels duller and softer than other lowers I've built, the cavity for the trigger is a touch tighter than spec, and the trigger pin holes feel a little loose. And of course, the stupid logo. So yes, while its well forged, the work past the 80% stage, the finish milling and the black finish itself is half-assed and the reason for the decreased price. So yes, I'm confident it'll work just fine, but upon close inspection I do see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nothing wrong with Anderson lowers. Many a build has been done with them. Personally, I would not buy one based on the rollmarks alone. They are not to my taste. Other than that reason, I have no other to not buy one. I would prefer to pay a bit more for an Aero Precision or PSA lower.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's funny before reading the comments about roll marks I had forgotten there was a horse/bronco whatever on it. It's black and just never stuck out enough for me to give it much thought. Looking at it now though I personaly don't think it's so bad. Probably an ode to Kentucky's thoroughbred heritage since that's where they are manufactured if I had to guess why a horse roll mark.

I don't really care about the purplish hue finish as I prefer the look of a well used and abused AR. Although my 6.5 Grendel is still in a poser like and embarrassingly unblemished pristine condition. It has no character....Yet! Soon to change with 1000 round cases of 6.5 Wolf ammo down to $300.

Top Bottom