any local gunsmiths want a new project or two?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an old pt 22 with broken firing pin, and something like a spring is missing for hammer.

I also have an iver Johnson 32short I dismantled yesterday in an attempt toclean, took sale ad down, realized trigger doesn't reset. So the McGruber in me can't put it back together, don't wanna deal with either.

I know Taurus has life time warranty on firing pin, unsure of other parts, the grips are damaged and it is missing mag. Has box tho.

Looking to get rid of them for cheap, if you had the time and patience, you could flip.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was gonna let it all go for 80, if some one was savvy enough to repair, they could flip each for 130 or so each.

Open to offers, just a waste of safe space right now.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately, evening is the worse time for me to make calls, the only way I have service at home is through WiFi calling, and it has a wicked echo, hard to understand. Pm any questions.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is, and is totally disassembled, I thought being a mechanic I could figure it out. I thought wrong. It had a lot more parts than I figured.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a problem. Is it a"lemon squeezer"? If so, my Grandpa carried one just like that.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    bcp, Every Good mechanic I know myself included has done a job and had parts left over,or there were more parts than we thought. The old WHERE DOES THIS GO,has been said alot. Hate to admit it but #uck it,It'll fly used to be said alot by some. Some flew some didn,t.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, got a buncha replies, to be fair I'm going to have to go in order of message received.

If anyone is still interested, Jays in Pcola has an Iver Johnson just like it, but lesser quality as a parts gun there.

@CCH its not a lemon squeezer, its got a safety on trigger like glock, pretty cool to be that old and have that technology.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice meeting you Ben( did you find a home for that cat?),

Ok, I got all the parts cleaned and polished and almost everything is there. The pin for the trigger safety is missing( but I have pins) and you know that little flat piece and the round piece? That's the trigger reset spring, it's a flat spring( and sits against the frame under the front of the trigger guard)and it's broke, so I have to find another one, but other than that, it's all good. I had to take the shroud off to get the hammer and all together right.

What's cool is the latch works perfect and the shell eject works perfectly. The cylinder indexes and locks up tight.

Now, the history. On the top of the barrel it says,"Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle works Fitchburg, Mass USA
    Patd April 6 '86, Feb 15 '87, may 10 '87 Dec 20 '93 pats pending"

Course, they're talking about 1886, '87, '93.

The features on the pistol dates it. The trigger safety was from 1897-1908. In 1909 they removed the trigger safety and it was the "New Model" for smokeless gunpowder ( has a "G" prefacing the ser #), so this pistol is from 1897-1908. The ser # is 5 digits. The one that was used to assasinate President McKinley ( a .32S&Wcal. "safety[ on the trigger and transfer bar] automatic[shell ejector]"), in 1901,was ser# 463344. So this is closer to the 1897 date.

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Btw, I'm gonna keep it apart(and keep polishing them) until I get the trigger reset spring....the pins are a pain to put in and take out.

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well, so far so good, this is what it is now. The broken trigger reset spring in far right. The tool marks were still on the hammer and trigger. That trigger guard has such a cool patina, I'm not going to mess with it.

Did you get the pt 22?

Picture 493.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 493.jpg
      Picture 493.jpg
      230.8 KB · Views: 125
    Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, I got the reset spring from Numrich and got the pistol back together and working fine. It's a fine historical piece like my Grandpa used to carry. I'll not shoot it as it's a blackpowder cartridge pistol.

Picture 503.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 503.jpg
      Picture 503.jpg
      168 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts

Top Bottom