• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may have a fairly small pour to do soon and need someone to do it. Its a sidewalk, approx. 30' long, maybe 30-36" wide. May also need an apron for my parking slab poured too.Design, style and a few other details haven't been settled yet. I have access to a mixer. I don't think a concrete truck can get up my driveway.

More details later. I'd rather give the work to a GCGF member if I can.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mixing concrete in a mixer is a real pita. I'd get the truck as close as I could and use your loader to transport it to the pour. I once mixed 90 bags of sakrete in a mixer, took all day and most of the night.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey, that's right! Rick, old buddy, you've done concrete work haven't you? Maybe I can pay you to do it if you want.

Haven't estimated yardage yet. If I did get a truck I guess I could use the Posi-Trac and a bucket to ferry it to the house. I think the front end loader is too big but I'll think that through.

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've done it, Mixed I think 6 pallets it was in afew days time.. It sucks, but hey what else ya gonna do, Rent a Georiga Buggy from Pro-Rents on Davis 65 bucks a day I think it is..

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    could get a pump truck depending on how far you have to go between the concrete truck and the slab...

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    30' X 3' is about 1.25 yds at 4". There is a $75 delivery charge for loads less than 6 yds but if'n it was me I'd surely pay it before I tried a mixer. I'll be happy to help Sean, IF you do it below 75 degrees. I can't get on my knees to finish anymore either.

Rick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i will help ya just let me know when and where, i have done concrete for 9 yrs in the military... Ben 907-978-9899

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, thanks for the offers! Its going to take me a couple of weeks to settle on a design then I'll know which way to go. I think the best way to do it is like Rick said. I can get a truck out here and have either the loader or my skid steer ready to ferry the stuff up the driveway. I may as well prep and get the ramp ready too and do it at the same time. The walkway won't take much, like Rick said less than 2 yards. The ramp will be 20' long and around 4-5' wide.

Ben, thanks for the offer. When I get around to doing it ill let you know. If you're available we could turn it into a cookout/beerfest and pay you.

Big daddy, thanks for the offer. I'll see which way to go as I get closer. I think getting the truck out here will save a lot of old backs, especially mine.

EMCM2, if I had hundreds of thousands of .22 sitting around I would get half the forum over here and get everything done. :pound:

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, thanks for the offers! Its going to take me a couple of weeks to settle on a design then I'll know which way to go. I think the best way to do it is like Rick said. I can get a truck out here and have either the loader or my skid steer ready to ferry the stuff up the driveway. I may as well prep and get the ramp ready too and do it at the same time. The walkway won't take much, like Rick said less than 2 yards. The ramp will be 20' long and around 4-5' wide.

Ben, thanks for the offer. When I get around to doing it ill let you know. If you're available we could turn it into a cookout/beerfest and pay you.

Big daddy, thanks for the offer. I'll see which way to go as I get closer. I think getting the truck out here will save a lot of old backs, especially mine.

EMCM2, if I had hundreds of thousands of .22 sitting around I would get half the forum over here and get everything done. :pound:

Ok
    My offer stands. If you go my route lmk couple days ahead

Top Bottom