• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Another something else - - -> Think of the school resource offices mission. TO PROTECT THE STUDENTS AT THE SCHOOL.
    Now think about the most likey turn of events where he would be needed. Same as in most,if not all of the school shootings. Scum bag walks into the school building and starts shooting.
    Now . . . several dsys ago I asked about his training. We all know he is well versed in shooting hoops in the gym,hugging the little kids,and some of the older ones (??),helping the children carry in their science projects,and generally laughing and jokeing with his "flock".
    Our troops (remember them) learn how to clear rooms and houses. They spend time in a shoot house with instructors teaching them/showing them how to clear the house.
    Wondering how many hours or how many sessions these school resource officers spend in this type of training. After all,chances are,when the shit goes down,that is what they will be,or at least should be doing.
    Any parents ever ask that question of Sherrif Morgan ?? NO !! Why not ??
    Some of these parents wagging their fingers at the NRA,gun owners in general,and them mean old AR' s had better start doing some reflecting on what they have done,or NOT done,to keep their children safe.
    Possibly holding the government and LEO's more accountable . . . along with themselves. ---- SAWMAN

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And, by the way, even if you made schools fortresses, you haven't solved the problem. Shooters will just go to churches, malls, maybe your local preschool.

If we are serious about this problem we have to address the shooter.

Remember when post office massacres were so frequent that the term "going postal" became part of our national vocabulary?

What made post offices no longer a preferred target for mass murderers? Since most post office shooters were former employees and most school shooters are former students, wonder if we could learn something from studying the drop in post office as targets.

Did they make important changes in how employees are fired?

Did they modify every post office's security hardware?

Did frequency of shootings dilute the glory/outrage that shooters that seek?

Did the passage of time make the post office a less-edgy target among psychopaths?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just heard that Gov. Scott is gonna "launch an investigation" into what happened with the several law enforcement agencies that were/are FUBAR.
    MY crystal ball tells me - - -> NOBODY will go to jail,get sanctioned,get fired,get demoted. Everyone will simply "RETIRE".
    Something else - - -> I do not watch the local news much so possibly I am missing something . . BUT . . would have thought that the parents in Escambia County would demand a meeting. On stage sits the Superintendent of Schools,the principle of the school,and the Escambia County Sheriff. In the audiance sits the parents of the school kids.
    The parents ask: WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING TO KEEP OUR KIDS SAFE ??? ---- SAWMAN

Idk about escambia but Santa Rosa gave out a call the day after(2-15) saying they, the sheriff, gbpd and mpd were setting up a task force and enacting new measures.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,sounds to me,if I were a parent,I would be waaaaay to "demanding" of my polititions and officials.
    I should probably blindly send them my children to the enclosed stock pen to await the slaughter. I should be OK with the numbers . . . one sheep dog puppy to every couple thousand sheep . . RIGHT ?? And all the while feeling confident that my polititions and other officials have the training,expierance,MORALITY,and monitary incentive,to get the job done.
    NOW . . FINALLY . . i understand why I was meant to never be a parent. WHEW !! ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Posted something similar in another forum and will try to reproduce here: The school resource officer is nothing more than a pacifier for those who cried and cried that government needed to do something. What you got was at best an on-scene observer, at worst a target. Anyone notice the demographics of SROs? IMO, the cream of the crop was not assigned to SRO duty.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Posted something similar in another forum and will try to reproduce here: The school resource officer is nothing more than a pacifier for those who cried and cried that government needed to do something. What you got was at best an on-scene observer, at worst a target. Anyone notice the demographics of SROs? IMO, the cream of the crop was not assigned to SRO duty.

Well he was among other things, nominated for deputy of the year last year.

Peterson was named school resource officer of the year in the city of Parkland in 2014, after he had been with the school for five years, records show. According to a booklet announcing the award, Peterson had been "proven to be reliable in handling issues with tact and judgment" and was active in mentoring and counseling students that year.

Peterson was also nominated for Parkland deputy of the year in 2017, an internal memo from the sheriff's office dated March 27, 2017, shows.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    OH - NO !! The "rest of the story" has been told. And told by the city of Parkland AND the sheriff's department.
    Here it is. Please correct me if I have drawn the wrong conclusions.
    - - -> If Deputy Peterson was named SRO of the year,that equates to . . . in all of 2014 he was the very best SRO of all other (wondering just how many) SRO's. The cream of the crop !!
    AND - - -> In the entire year of 2017 he was the very best deputy,serving in the entire town of Parkland. Wondering out of how many deputies ??
    He sounds like,as per the sheriff,that he was pretty much the best of the best. If he was better than all other deputies,what does that say about the rest ??
    Am I being too critical here ?? ---- SAWMAN

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In all fairness, there's a lot that goes into being a resource officer, and officer of the year, and they may be more vested in the community policing concept than most. And actually the Supreme Court said years ago Law enforcement does not actually have to place their lives in danger.
    Plus, keep in mind we don't want hard ass commandos intermingling with kids, they're liable to body slam a 14 year old girl for having a bad attitude.

And even if he was a hardass commando, I remember Orlando SWAT sitting outside Pulse nightclub for hours before they went in.

Not saying I like it(I don't), or that he isn't a POS(I think he is), but I think there's a severe disconnect between societies expectations/perceptions of (specifically) resource officers and the actual realities of their jobs and legal obligations.

Also, Isreals comments now are probably just as much political damage control as rubios or scotts. And obviously the sro knows society thought he was expected to intervene:he quit before the public demanded he was fired.

Cesar

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    assault-fork, rifles, guns, clinger-holsters.jpg

Attachments

• assault-fork, rifles, guns, clinger-holsters.jpg
      assault-fork, rifles, guns, clinger-holsters.jpg
      122.6 KB · Views: 134

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well he was among other things, nominated for deputy of the year last year.
    Ok, sro of the school district 3 years ago. That's a lot of time, and out of how many sros in the district? Nominated, as in, also ran. He knows the truth. That's why he resigned. JMO. Peace.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess you didn't read above about how he's a poor misunderstood soul.

LOL...

(I agree with you completely)

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    life is terminal anyway, go for it, lock, load, say a prayer and attack.....find and kill him, the hell with taking him alive.

subs in ww2, would come back to home port with a broomstick lashed to the mast , signifying all torps were expended, and all rounds for the deck gun exhausted.....

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please.... Continue.... It's Hillary Clinton's fault some cop turned out to be a coward? I'm dying to hear your well thought out analysis.

Or was that it.

A meme off the internet is your analytical explanation for what happened where 17 people got murdered?

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So Peterson says he followed protocol, yet the sheriff said he wasn't. That should be pretty easy to clear up, check the SOP binder.
    Petersons lawyer asks why the sheriff wants people to not jump to conclusions until after investigations, and why that doesn't apply to his client. Idk, ask the sheriff, he's the one who publically denounced his action(inaction).

"I really believe I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon," Trump told a group of state governors gathered at the White House. "And I think most of the people in this room would have done that, too." --That is, as long as his bone spurs weren't acting up.

The NRA say the sheriff failed at protecting his school. Yup, sure did. That's what happens when you're in charge, you get to tout success for reelection. And you get to own the failures.

Top Bottom