• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Are you kidding again? Someone feels threatened based on something said, so a restraining order is issued by a liberal judge who doesn't want to be "that guy" who let the crazy shoot up a school next week, and guns are taken away for the indeterminate future? Well, that person won't shoot anyone so it must be working, right? Kinda like the Salem witch trial logic...

Uhm, no. There are WAY too many gun laws as it is. The background checks are already in-place.

How about you all apply this endless energy for more in-depth background checks and safety measures to Immigration and Voter ID? Once it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the immigrants are no longer committing crimes and the votes are all legitimate, then we can talk about further punishment/"reforms" for legal gun ownership.

dang skippy....

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In States, Counties and Cities where CC Permits are repeatedly denied due to "no specific threat" and other limp dick reasons, how will teachers justify their CC applications. School shooting events are extremely rare compared to robbery, murder, rape and car jacking. Many locations don't recognized carrying or guarding valuables in transit as justification either. Will this be a new "Cut Out" like Judges and LE?

I like the voluntary armed School Staff, not just "teachers". Front Office/Administrative Staff and full time maintance/janitorial Staff should be included. Have them Get their CC Permit. Have local LE provide a training and qualification course. School pays $100 at qualification to offset costs and $10 or $25 a month there after for proficiency expenses. Requal every year.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Anyone who hasn't heard Marco Rubios stance on firearms from last nights "CNN townhall" should go do a google search.
    Just caught it on the radio.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.

Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!

I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine...it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.

There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school...because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!

Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?

—Kelly Guthrie Raley, who was named Eustis Middle School Teacher of the Year 2017-2018

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Okay, I’ll be the bad guy and say what no one else is brave enough to say, but wants to say. I’ll take all the criticism and attacks from everyone because you know what? I’m a TEACHER. I live this life daily. And I wouldn’t do anything else! But I also know daily I could end up in an active shooter situation.

Until we, as a country, are willing to get serious and talk about mental health issues, lack of available care for the mental health issues, lack of discipline in the home, horrendous lack of parental support when the schools are trying to control horrible behavior at school (oh no! Not MY KID. What did YOU do to cause my kid to react that way?), lack of moral values, and yes, I’ll say it-violent video games that take away all sensitivity to ANY compassion for others’ lives, as well as reality TV that makes it commonplace for people to constantly scream up in each others’ faces and not value any other person but themselves, we will have a gun problem in school. Our kids don’t understand the permanency of death anymore!!!

I grew up with guns. Everyone knows that. But you know what? My parents NEVER supported any bad behavior from me. I was terrified of doing something bad at school, as I would have not had a life until I corrected the problem and straightened my ass out. My parents invaded my life. They knew where I was ALL the time. They made me have a curfew. They made me wake them up when I got home. They made me respect their rules. They had full control of their house, and at any time could and would go through every inch of my bedroom, backpack, pockets, anything! Parents: it’s time to STEP UP! Be the parent that actually gives a crap! Be the annoying mom that pries and knows what your kid is doing. STOP being their friend. They have enough “friends” at school. Be their parent. Being the “cool mom” means not a damn thing when either your kid is dead or your kid kills other people because they were allowed to have their space and privacy in YOUR HOME. I’ll say it again. My home was filled with guns growing up. For God’s sake, my daddy was an 82nd Airborne Ranger who lost half his face serving our country. But you know what? I never dreamed of shooting anyone with his guns. I never dreamed of taking one! I was taught respect for human life, compassion, rules, common decency, and most of all, I was taught that until I moved out, my life and bedroom wasn’t mine...it was theirs. And they were going to know what was happening because they loved me and wanted the best for me.

There. Say that I’m a horrible person. I didn’t bring up gun control, and I will refuse to debate it with anyone. This post wasn’t about gun control. This was me, loving the crap out of people and wanting the best for them. This was about my school babies and knowing that God created each one for greatness, and just wanting them to reach their futures. It’s about 20 years ago this year I started my teaching career. Violence was not this bad 20 years ago. Lack of compassion wasn’t this bad 20 years ago. And God knows 20 years ago that I wasn’t afraid daily to call a parent because I KNEW that 9 out of 10 would cuss me out, tell me to go to Hell, call the news on me, call the school board on me, or post all over FaceBook about me because I called to let them know what their child chose to do at school...because they are a NORMAL kid!!!!!

Those 17 lives mattered. When are we going to take our own responsibility seriously?

—Kelly Guthrie Raley, who was named Eustis Middle School Teacher of the Year 2017-2018

Could you please specify where your words begin and end, and the quote begins and ends? Because I thought up thread (no snark) that you discounted mental health as an issue.... Is your whole post a quote of someone else?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This just in, the resource officer at the Parkland school was shown on surveillance to have been outside of the building where the shooting took place, he was in place to intervene, but he stayed in place for 4 minutes and never entered the building. He has resigned. Two other deputies are under investigation and have been suspended in connection with this event.

You never know how you will behave in a situation like that, until you experience it.

Also the information about this shooter is just getting worse. before he was in this highschool, he was in a different highschool where he showed all kinds of red flags for violence. He was transfered to the Parkland school.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...r-shooting-has-resigned/ar-BBJtrNW?li=BBnb4R7

Yea it was definitely the guns fault that this man was able to kill so many students.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Could you please specify where your words begin and end, and the quote begins and ends? Because I thought up thread (no snark) that you discounted mental health as an issue.... Is your whole post a quote of someone else?

I placed my name no where. it is her entire quote..name at the bottom

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you kidding again? Someone feels threatened based on something said, so a restraining order is issued by a liberal judge who doesn't want to be "that guy" who let the crazy shoot up a school next week, and guns are taken away for the indeterminate future? Well, that person won't shoot anyone so it must be working, right? Kinda like the Salem witch trial logic...

Uhm, no. There are WAY too many gun laws as it is. The background checks are already in-place.

How about you all apply this endless energy for more in-depth background checks and safety measures to Immigration and Voter ID? Once it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the immigrants are no longer committing crimes and the votes are all legitimate, then we can talk about further punishment/"reforms" for legal gun ownership.

There has to be a system in place to address the person who is clearly sending up red flags but who is able to avoid being institutionalized. A tool that keeps this kind of guy from getting a gun and forces him to disarm himself if he already has a gun.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This just in, the resource officer at the Parkland school was shown on surveillance to have been outside of the building where the shooting took place, he was in place to intervene, but he stayed in place for 4 minutes and never entered the building. He has resigned. Two other deputies are under investigation and have been suspended in connection with this event.

You never know how you will behave in a situation like that, until you experience it.

Also the information about this shooter is just getting worse. before he was in this highschool, he was in a different highschool where he showed all kinds of red flags for violence. He was transfered to the Parkland school.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...r-shooting-has-resigned/ar-BBJtrNW?li=BBnb4R7

Yea it was definitely the guns fault that this man was able to kill so many students.

Jesus. H Christ.

Unbelievable.

MIAMI — One week after a mass shooter Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 people inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, Broward's top cop on Thursday revealed a stunning series of failures by the sheriff’s department.

A school campus cop heard the gunfire, rushed to the building but never went inside – instead waiting outside for another four agonizing minutes as Cruz continued the slaughter.

A review of surveillance video showed that the deputy was in position and armed but never entered the building. He remained stationed outside the building while the shooting went on.

Words fail me.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So all we needed was for the cops to do their jobs?

He said the video was part of the investigation and Israel said it may never be released.

I dont think the parents are going to put up with that at all.

This is NOT the time for circling the wagons to protect your own like cops usually do.

This is the time for transparency and honesty.

How many days did this take to come out?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone who hasn't heard I Marco Rubios stance on firearms from last nights "CNN townhall" should go do a google search.
    Just caught it on the radio.

I read a summary, he supports raising the age to buy guns. A restraining order option and other middle of the road proposals. He still claims to support the second amendment he says. The big thing is that he showed up. Rick Scott did not show.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More Broward County LEO screw up:

In November, a tipster called BSO to say Cruz “could be a school shooter in the making” but deputies did not write up a report on it. That came just weeks after a relative called asking BSO to seize his weapons. Two years ago, according to a timeline of interactions with Cruz’s family, a deputy investigated a report that Cruz “planned to shoot up the school” – intelligence forwarded to the campus deputy, with no apparent result.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rick Scott apparently has gone under a rock.

Florida governor with A+ NRA rating goes into hiding after massacre

Following the third horrific mass shooting in Florida in less than 18 months, and specifically in the wake of the grassroots gun-safety movement born in Parkland, Florida, the governor with the A+ NRA rating has gone into hiding.

Not only Florida’s Republican Gov. Rick Scott skipping Wednesday’s night’s nationally televised town hall meeting on gun violence, where he was invited but declined to participate, but it appears he’s quietly scrubbed himself from a speaker role at the NRA’s upcoming national convention in May. The high-profile event is a must for someone like Scott, who’s expected to run for the U.S. Senate.

Indeed, the NRA’s website had previously listed Scott as a featured speaker:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there anything more cowardly then an armed sworn law enforcement officer standing by and doing nothing while 17 schoolchildren get mowed down by semi-automatic rifle fire?

Oh yea, my bad, my bad, I forgot the mission statement. "To make sure you go home safe at night."

No matter what the cost.

Jesus......

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    soo...we have unarmed teachers taking rounds meant for others, and a cop with gun too wussy to engage...

does the phrase dereliction of duty come to mind?

Latest posts

Top Bottom