• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello, my name is Whisky
    I am an ammo addict, I cannot stop buying and hoarding ammo in bulk.
    I don't say this lightly, as I truly have a problem. That's why I'm starting this thread, to unite my fellow addicts.

I used to be a clean cut average guy, but lately it's started to affect personal hygiene and sleep. I noticed the wheels starting to fall off the wagon when my wife started giving me the stank eye, and my dog stopped trying to hump my leg.
    You know it's bad when man's best friend gives up on you; I am so ashamed.

Now we all have our own reasons for buying, and hoarding more ammo than one can shoot in ones' lifetime. But this is an over active compulsive disorder of some sort. When I see an ammo can with a 1000 loose rounds of .223 green tip, steel core, 62 grain penetrators or .308 black tip tracers, I start shaking inside. This uncontrollable urge bubbles up in me and the only thing that will sooth my sore addiction, is buying more ammo.
    Last time I saw a case of Winchester Ranger 9mm Luger 127g +p+ SXT's, I about wet myself...
    So anyway, anybody else have this insatiable appetite for ammo, or is it just this poor, nearly divorced addict?:sick::sick:

Last edited:

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just spent 5 weeks sniping for ammo while I was up north in Pittsburgh. Yeah I think I may fit your definition.:spy:

Idoono

DLo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is one of the symptoms of this disorder to find yourself standing in front of the ammo case at Walmart and weeping because you always assumed that .22 would be as available as water or air?

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will be holding a meeting once a month where you can donate your ammo to rid yourself of the addiction. I will have bins for different calibers and you can anonymously drop off your contraband without being ridiculed. Everyone suffers every now and then and I am here to help. When you make a purchase and believe you have reached hoarding levels, just come by and make a drop off. That way when you buy more ammo, it will be because you need it and not because you are hoarding it.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What classifies as " hoarding levels " ??

The last time that I publicly posted the amount of ammo that I had on hand I was greeted with a disbelief and cacophony of "oh wow's" "you're crazy's" and "mother of god's", and I didn't think that I was that bad. I'll see you guys at the meeting :D.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I quit cold turkey, after a closet inventory and it totaled over $10,000 at walmart pricing it was all the self awareness slap I needed. Hell I might turn all my guns and ammo into a new truck, my ears are tore up from shooting anyway.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No Trader Dan, don't give in!!! Don't use your addiction to fund other ventures. You will never be able to stop!

I will guarantee your ammo a good home on a 5 acre lot. Wedged in trees, flattened by steel or buried in the dirt after a wash from an exploding bottle of water. Heck we will even include a picture of the gun you are donating to so you can see how it progresses in life and benefits from your donations.

Whisky

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm glad to see that I am not the only one that suffers with this truly debilitating affliction. Unfortunately there is no known cure, except of course the purchase of more ammo, and that's just a quick fix. Like a true ammo junkie, there will always be that case of .308 175g M118LR's whispering to me, or the lure of a thousand rounds of 124g 9mm FMJ's screaming at me; I don't think I will ever be able to quit. Cold turkey they say is the only true way to quit, but I'm afraid of the withdrawals as I hear they can be worse that the disorder itself.(scary)... It's taken a lot for me just to admit there is a problem, like a true addict, I always told myself "I can quit at anytime".

Now I'm not really at liberty to talk about current levels of ammo, but I have been buying and hoarding for about 20 years. You can only imagine a person in my condition spending twenty years tormented by this terrible malady.

I would have to say that the biggest sign that this was becoming a problem, was when I went from a closet to a room to store it all. My wife told me I had a problem, but I just kept telling myself "she only loves you for your ammo cache". She thinks my .50's sexy...

See you guys at the meeting!

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought I was getting close to enough ammo. I felt like my supply of 9MM would get me through this shortage. I even have a pretty good supply of .22LR. Then JohnAL sold me a .45. Now I'm trying to build up a supply of .45ACP. I've noticed that WalMart seems to have more .40 than anything else. Maybe that's the answer. Just buy another gun.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    You better get all the ammo you need now with the dems in congress trying to raise the tax on ammo and guns! Gonna be another rush no matter the outcome, fear sells.

Top Bottom