• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The entire world is in decline. Peter Zeihan's books look at things from a geopolitcal/democraphic viewpoint and he thinks that as we say goodbye to the relative peace and prosperity of the last 40 years (a historical anamoly) and the entire world goes into decline, with looming global famine and regional wars, the united states will fare better than most. But that still isn't good.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    we could never fight another WW like we did in II, not enough patriotism

Dropping ramps and pouring onto a beach (if your lucky) under blistering enemy fire while entire squads are gunned down around you? Not unless it's team play on Call of Duty.

As noted, we are in for a tough road ahead. We had our "morning in America" (thanks, Ronnie), but it's starting to feel a lot like it's twilight now. I hope we get some sort of relief, but it's getting tough to see where that comes from or how.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This lady expresses my sentiments perfectly!

She looks enough like AOC that I'm feeling a spec ops mission is needed here. I'd vote for her, but I'd rather she replace that witch!

Anybody got some Pelosi and Chuckie doppelgangers?

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Peter Zeihan's books look at things from a geopolitcal/democraphic viewpoint and he thinks that as we say goodbye to the relative peace and prosperity of the last 40 years (a historical anamoly) and the entire world goes into decline

Read the Creature from Jekyll Island. Centers on formation of the FED, but tracks centuries of world history. No nation that adopts fiat currency survives. Proven over and over again. We will not be the exception. 30T in debt and counting pretty much guarantees that.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dropping ramps and pouring onto a beach (if your lucky) under blistering enemy fire while entire squads are gunned down around you? Not unless it's team play on Call of Duty.

As noted, we are in for a tough road ahead. We had our "morning in America" (thanks, Ronnie), but it's starting to feel a lot like it's twilight now. I hope we get some sort of relief, but it's getting tough to see where that comes from or how.

Wait, will we get to call time out, or maybe have a snack break? Can I bring my phone??

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Read the Creature from Jekyll Island. Centers on formation of the FED, but tracks centuries of world history. No nation that adopts fiat currency survives. Proven over and over again. We will not be the exception. 30T in debt and counting pretty much guarantees that.

Attachments

• B7671D4E-DD99-415A-8733-F5C089BAE902.jpeg
      B7671D4E-DD99-415A-8733-F5C089BAE902.jpeg
      86 KB · Views: 65

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get that we sound old, but there's also experience and wisdom in there. Folks can take it as they will. In the end, by the time some figure out we're more right than wrong, they'll be all on there own trying to figure it on the fly. OK, then...

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was younger once and knew everything, and then I didn't. Ya can't help someone that doesn't want it, and I fully appreciate/understand the desire to figure it all out on your own. Bottom line, we can't continue this fight forever, and someone else will have to pick it up, or not. Their call.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a serious question that I think about all the time. At what point will the earth's population growth be unsustainable? Nobody likes to talk about it but at some point we will outnumber our resources, that's just a fact. This is an excerpt out of some of the things I been reading;

Population size has quadrupled in the last 100 years. It took until the early 1800’s for world population to reach a billion people and until 1960 to reach 3 billion. We are now at 7 billion people. You can see how fast total population numbers are increasing. Basically, this means that because nearly one third of the world’s population is under 15 years of age and yet to reach child bearing age, when they do reach child bearing age, even if each woman has fewer children than in the past. This will still result in a significant increase in world population.

I guess this will be the point where survival of the fittest and primordial instincts take back over. Will there be a delegation that determines how many children are allowed like in China?

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another interesting excerpt:

Population-dynamics science tells us two things broadly about invasive animal population trends. Typically, the population of an invasive species that moves into a new area and is freed from predation will boom — it expands beyond what is called the "carrying capacity", and diminishes the food and resources it needs to sustain itself in the process.

In the case of humans, modern medicine and technology have facilitated that boom. Things that used to kill us don't, and we can exploit resources much further afield and faster than during all of our history.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the case of humans, modern medicine and technology have facilitated that boom.

Crazy that we expend so many resources to keep alive those who otherwise would have lived a "long" life but died of natural causes. It has been in our lifetime that "modern medicine" extended our proverbial runways at great expense and quite often not for the better--except for the pockets of the medical/pharma system.

Top Bottom