• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Milton iron and Metal on St Joseph's street in East Milton directly off Hwy 90. It is east of Downtown Milton and West of 87 south. they pay less than the Pensacola yards do but I don't scrap for a living either.

Last edited:

robert49r

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info guys. I got rid of my trash service because I used it once a month. Thought it was a waste of money. Beer can were a lot of the trash. I didn't figure they would bring much but it is one way to recoup some money from beer.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I once suggested to a guy picking up aluminum cans that if he crushed the cans he could get more of them in the black trash bag he was carrying. He said that wouldn't work because then the bag would be too heavy to carry. LOL Whatever......

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Interesting........please explain. I guess I'm really out of touch when it comes to aluminum cans. :smile:

Mr. Katanga

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They do, all the crackheads leave them uncrushed and half full of liquid to get the weight up. My old place was like animal house and after a few months of partys on a nightly basis i think we got maybe 20 bucks for all the cans we turned in. And that was crushed cans in garbage bags almost filling the bed of my truck. Its really not worth it.

Choppersled

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    + 1 for what Mr. K. says. When I was an avid heavy beer drinker I would save mountains of cans in the back 40. I'd load the back of my full size truck and take them to the recycler. I'd wait in line for 30 plus minutes and then unload and get covered with stale beer and in the end maybe end up with $20. Didn't take long before I said to hell with it.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I take my cans in crushed after my 40 gallon can is full usually 3 to 6 weeks depending on my schedule. 1 full can at a time, it may net me 12 to 14 bucks, but will get me a free 18 pack for my work. They have a hose in the back where I rinse my carry can out afterwards. Better then sitting in the landfill.. Miller High Life for the Win!!!!

Top Bottom