• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well... then there's my experience. Started Silencer Shop eForm for SBR on Nov 10. Certified Nov 15. Approved today Dec 2...!

Should I go buy lotto tickets?
    Don't waste your money on the lotto tickets, sounds like you already used up all your luck :eek:.

Jonsey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I did e-file through Silencer shop. I sent a nice email without the congressman reference. I have not heard back which is not surprise. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Threedog

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bought a silencer from Silencer Shop October 2022(CGS Helios QDTI). Submitted October 10, 2022. I called at 12 months and I was told it was pending, nothing wrong or anything I could do to get it moving. It will be 14 months on December 10th.

Anyone else waited this long?

Any advice on how to get the process moving?

I would have got another 2 suppressors but this wait time is ridiculous.

Jonsey
    I've been waiting since it was submitted March '23. Your post here gives me little hope of anything happening soon.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last name is common, Jones. Not even a parking ticket.

Sometimes common names can mess with the FBI portion of the background check. Basically they have to have a full proceed and no question on anything ambiguous such as a unresolved past crime. NFA doesn't have a provision like the Brady Act that allows the transaction to proceed in the event that the background check is unresolved. A common name can make it appear that you are someone who has the same name and coincidentally has some sort of criminal issue. To be fair, I wouldn't assume this occurred unless you get confirmation between the ATF and FBI.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sometimes common names can mess with the FBI portion of the background check. Basically they have to have a full proceed and no question on anything ambiguous such as a unresolved past crime. NFA doesn't have a provision like the Brady Act that allows the transaction to proceed in the event that the background check is unresolved. A common name can make it appear that you are someone who has the same name and coincidentally has some sort of criminal issue. To be fair, I wouldn't assume this occurred unless you get confirmation between the ATF and FBI.
    There is a guy with my name (yes a quite common one) and the same date of birth who has multiple felonies, served several prison sentences and lives just 400 miles from me. It's held me up several times in the past, with my State Security License for one.

You would think that being a different race than that felon would be enough to safeguard me but it's clearly not.

kylo1597

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My last can took 9 months with eFile. I just fired off emails to FBI, DOJ, and ATF to check on the status of my current 2 that are pending at 90 days. DOJ says ATF should be doing it in 90 days, so that’s my new starting point to poke and prod until they’re approved. Scheduled the emails to send once a week until i get a response

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a guy with my name (yes a quite common one) and the same date of birth who has multiple felonies, served several prison sentences and lives just 400 miles from me. It's held me up several times in the past, with my State Security License for one.

You would think that being a different race than that felon would be enough to safeguard me but it's clearly not.

There is the option of obtaining a Unique Person Identification Number (UPIN) with the FBI. Its for folks who experience delays and denials in purchasing firearms.

MarkJ

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is the option of obtaining a Unique Person Identification Number (UPIN) with the FBI. Its for folks who experience delays and denials in purchasing firearms.

Never heard of this before, thank you!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is no rhyme or reason to why one gets approved fast and the other just lingers.

The forms are assigned to individuals and some are efficient, some, not so much. It literally is luck of the draw.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well... then there's my experience. Started Silencer Shop eForm for SBR on Nov 10. Certified Nov 15. Approved today Dec 2...!

Should I go buy lotto tickets?

Form 1 or Form 4? As you might know, Form 1 is to make, Form 4 is to transfer an existing item.

Form 1's on e-file are coming back super fast, don't think Form 4's are e-filed right now.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Form 1 or Form 4? As you might know, Form 1 is to make, Form 4 is to transfer an existing item.

Form 1's on e-file are coming back super fast, don't think Form 4's are e-filed right now.
    Form 1 on eFile, plus I have several other items previously, plus I don't have a common name, plus friendly CLEO here in Santa Rosa county so.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like mentioned above, you might as well get a upin if they will let you because that's probably what's going to end up happening in the end. Go to their q & a site

Jonsey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am 16+ months now. Called yesterday and it was just waiting FBI background check to come back. Hopefully I get it in 2024. Not holding my breath.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am 16+ months now. Called yesterday and it was just waiting FBI background check to come back. Hopefully I get it in 2024. Not holding my breath.
    Wow, you actually got a live person when you called? How in the heck did you manage that? When I called I got the computer generated options menu, the first time I called I picked the wait to talk to someone option and after an hour on hold I hung up, called back and picked the leave a message option and they will call you back............this was months ago and I'm still waiting for the call back. When I first checked into trying to get the status of my form 4 I just pulled there web page up and saw the nice little menu pop up with all these options such as status of the form etc., I thought wow this is going to be easy, but when I clicked on them all it does is a blue arrow spins around and around in a circle and nothing comes up.

Top Bottom