• ...and so much more!
  • does he walk or get charged?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Just saw where the assistant director is getting blamed for not checking the gun before handing it to Baldwin
    I still think Alec Baldwin should be responsible for not checking the gun himself. He was cutting corners in a lot of ways the biggest being no qualified weapons master on the set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've made this point before however, I think it's worth repeating to solidify my argument that the shooter is only and ultimately responsible. Yes, this Halls guy is responsible for handing off a safe weapon to baldwin. That's his job. However, that does not relieve baldwin of his responsibility to check the weapon. baldin had to know the crew were using firearms for target practice in the area of the set. baldin even may have to ready himself for the roll. Anyway, do you think Halls handed the weapon to baldwin with the hammer cocked? If he did another important reason to check for a safe weapon. But probably not. If baldwin accepted a weapon with a cocked hammer he's dumber than I ever gave him credit for. Remember, the weapon involved is a SSA. It's a two step process to fire. First cock than pull the trigger. If I hand off any weapon are you going to accept my word alone for it's safety? I hope not for both our sakes. I want to be double checked for a clear weapon. I expect it. My feelings are never hurt by a redundant weapons safety check. So baldwin completed a four step process to fire that weapon accurately to hit a target, the unfortunate cinematographer. First he cocked the weapon, than he pointed, than he aimed, than he pulled the trigger.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    As most have said and most agree, I am not aiming a gun or pointing a gun at anyone without 100% it being checked , that was the first thing my father taught me 50 years ago. It is very tragic but guns are not for play and goofing around with, movie or no movie.
    I'm never pointing a gun at anyone I don't intend to cause great bodily harm.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I've made this point before however, I think it's worth repeating to solidify my argument that the shooter is only and ultimately responsible. Yes, this Halls guy is responsible for handing off a safe weapon to baldwin. That's his job. However, that does not relieve baldwin of his responsibility to check the weapon. baldin had to know the crew were using firearms for target practice in the area of the set. baldin even may have to ready himself for the roll. Anyway, do you think Halls handed the weapon to baldwin with the hammer cocked? If he did another important reason to check for a safe weapon. But probably not. If baldwin accepted a weapon with a cocked hammer he's dumber than I ever gave him credit for. Remember, the weapon involved is a SSA. It's a two step process to fire. First cock than pull the trigger. If I hand off any weapon are you going to accept my word alone for it's safety? I hope not for both our sakes. I want to be double checked for a clear weapon. I expect it. My feelings are never hurt by a redundant weapons safety check. So baldwin completed a four step process to fire that weapon accurately to hit a target, the unfortunate cinematographer. First he cocked the weapon, than he pointed, than he aimed, than he pulled the trigger.

A few years back I was at my friends house - whom I had not seen for a long time - we were drinking and pulling out all of our gun collections (before my boating accident). My friends wife said that she was amazed - because we had been drinking yet every firearm we picked up was checked to be safe - and then checked by the other person when handed to them even though we just saw it checked. Firearm safety has to be part of handling them. Anti-gun elitists will never understand. I bet that he will use this to spout more anti-gun non-since.

janus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few years back I was at my friends house - whom I had not seen for a long time - we were drinking and pulling out all of our gun collections (before my boating accident). My friends wife said that she was amazed - because we had been drinking yet every firearm we picked up was checked to be safe - and then checked by the other person when handed to them even though we just saw it checked. Firearm safety has to be part of handling them. Anti-gun elitists will never understand. I bet that he will use this to spout more anti-gun non-since.
    atf floatation.jpg

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i see charges coming after investigation is over, for at least 2 people, alec and either the weapons tech, or the asst director who handed the gun over to baldwin.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Well. Good thing about this I guess is when the feds do get thier way and come knocking to confiscate all our guns. We can just hang a "Acme Film Company" logo on our doors and claim all our guns are "prop" guns. Then tell them to kick rocks lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    i see charges coming after investigation is over, for at least 2 people, alec and either the weapons tech, or the asst director who handed the gun over to baldwin.
    Nope. I bet everybody gets off and the dead girls family gets millions in settlement money. Then the LEO runs for office with a mysterious large donation

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Nope. I bet everybody gets off and the dead girls family gets millions in settlement money
    That would not be justice. Needed lessons would not be learned. The possibility of it happening again is very high. A 42 year old mother will have died in vane. This would not be a fair outcome.

Last edited:

10wt308

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not read this whole thread yet
    I heard about union people check the gun
    just my opinion! Gun safety trumps (no pun) ANY union rule or job.
    one person held the gun and pulled the trigger violating gun safety. All guns are loaded until proven otherwise then know your backstop and don’t point at something you don’t want to destroy.

edit spelling
    damn spell check

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have not read this whole thread yet
    I heard about union people check the gun
    just my opinion! Gun safety trumps (no pun) ANY union rule or job.
    one person held the gun and pulled the trigger violating gun safety. All guns are loaded until proven otherwise then know your backstop and don’t point at something you don’t want to destroy.

edit spelling
    damn spell check
    Amen! Fry Baldwin! FRY!

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I just read a post from some liberal blaming the 2nd amendment and went on to say "gun nuts were out shooting the gun and brought it back to set loaded" what in the hell?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Notice. The gun nuts still have a pulse lol. Maybe they know something the hollywoods don't lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I just read a post from some liberal blaming the 2nd amendment and went on to say "gun nuts were out shooting the gun and brought it back to set loaded" what in the hell?
    On a shoot in the Desert nobody heard or paid attention to shooting not authorised by Director, and layers of others. Company\group in charge!! For anti gun people kinda low attention from them.

Top Bottom