• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you ever want to meet up for a possible range day I’m down. Let me know. I have 3 hawks a Wilson and the staccato cs. Nighthawks tend to hold value better over Wilson and others. Alchemy holds value really well as well.
    Nighthawk and Chambers is also on the radar. I had the opportunity to shoot a Staccato of few times and the "itch" has started. Haha

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    nobodies even mentioned Cabot yet...

Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    nobodies even mentioned Cabot yet...

Because Cabot’s are show guns. They arent the workhorse types like the sister company alchemy. The c2 is nice and all if you change the grip or get a reduction. It’s very bulky and square.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you ever want to meet up for a possible range day I’m down. Let me know. I have 3 hawks a Wilson and the staccato cs. Nighthawks tend to hold value better over Wilson and others. Alchemy holds value really well as well.
    Thanks for the offer!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Because Cabot’s are show guns. They arent the workhorse types like the sister company alchemy. The c2 is nice and all if you change the grip or get a reduction. It’s very bulky and square.
    Glick fanboi here so blocky grips are kinda my jam...

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Rob Schauland is the GM of Cabot & owner of Alchemy Custom . Depends on who's concept you want a gun built to . Rob has built guns for John Shue & Brain Zins under the Cabot banner ( both past & present Nat'l Champs ) . Only point we disagree on is barrel fitting as he does not hard fit unless you pay extra . Regardless he builds one hell of a gun . He's also a fan of old school understated elegance , where fit & finish are only secondary to function . Among all the others mentioned IMHO only Joe Chambers is in the same class . Like me , Joe is fanatical about barrel fitting . He apprenticed under legendary Bullseye 'smith Bob Marvel & knows that the heart of 1911 accuracy is barrel fit / quality .

Last edited:

Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Rob Schauland is the GM of Cabot & owner of Alchemy Custom . Depends on who's concept you want a gun built to . Rob has built guns for John Shue & Brain Zins under the Cabot banner ( both past & present Nat'l Champs ) . Only point we disagree on is barrel fitting as he does not hard fit unless you pay extra . Regardless he builds one hell of a gun . He's also a fan of old school understated elegance , where fit & finish are only secondary to function .
    Rob doesn’t hard fit any of the alchemy guns anymore. It is no longer an option. Still they have a 1.5 inch guarantee at 25 yards

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hard fit will do that @ 50yds . Gun that won't group that tight will not be competitive . The difference between winning & losing often comes down to X count . Since 90% is in ones head , there's no room for doubts about your gun or load .

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This thread reminds me why I don't look to shoot high end 1911s or the new breed of 2011s.

I just don't want to light the fire to a money hole that never ends… :D :D :D :D

Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This thread reminds me why I don't look to shoot high end 1911s or the new breed of 2011s.

I just don't want to light the fire to a money hole that never ends… :D :D :D :D
    Trust me you don’t wanna go down it man. I probably have at least 15-20k sitting between the 4 1911s I own plus the staccato I’m getting it. It’s awful. I still have a custom order shadowhawk I have to wait like 2 years on

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sell 10 of them Glocks and problem solved. You only need 1 or 2 or maybe 3 pistols in a bad neighborhood.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Y’all need to check out SMP Outdoors, they are an online dealer up close to Birmingham . If the picture is on their website then the gun is in stock there at their location.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sell 10 of them Glocks and problem solved. You only need 1 or 2 or maybe 3 pistols in a bad neighborhood.
    Nah, Glock does me just fine to 25yds. Beyond that it's rifle time.

I see these 'spensive guns for sale sometimes when someone needs to make the rent, hard to move a $2-4K piece fast. But you can move 4-6 Glocks with no problem.

I can get behind the idea of the Staccato, at least it makes sense (double stack 9MM) with RDS / rail options.

And with that I'll stop interjecting in this 1911 thread and let y'all have at it, but it's fun to watch.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The difference between a Cabot gun & an Alchemy gun are intended use . If one is a Master class or higher & wants a competitive gun that'll take them to the winners circle ( if they do their part ) at Camp Perry , they get a Cabot . If one wants a well made gun with flawless fit & finish & old school minimalist styling get an Alchemy .

Top Bottom