HD Tactical

Alabama School Principal Asks for Canned Food Donations to Fight Off Armed Intruders

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    I heard this on the Panama City talk radio show this morning on the way into work. Previous to discussing this story, the guy, (Darryl Day) was doing the usual rant against "common core" standards, and espousing the popular theory that local school officials (such as this) should be left alone to decide themselves, what will be taught in their classrooms.

It was sad to witness somebody unable to connect two dots, so close to each other.

JGH

Expert
    I saw it on the news last night. I don't think I would want to take on an AR with a can of beans.

moron1

Expert
    I think they are on the right track. Gun free zones are a bad idea so teaching the kids to fight back using any weapon they can (if they can't retreat from harms way) is a good thing. One can of beans won't back up an intruder but 30 cans might. The guy who shot up the movie theater in Colorado would probably have retreated if he would have suddenly found himself being pelted with 100 D cell batteries from the patrons. Of course the best way to remove an armed intruder would be to have some good guys/gals armed and close by. Until then, teaching them to fight back instead of being an easy target may be the only chance they have to survive.

Top Bottom