• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPO

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone heard that you can hunt for hog in alabama on private land with land owner permission of course without a alabama hunting license if the hogs are destroying crops? I am from Florida so really didnt want to pay the price but someone told me I didnt have to have one never heard of this. any help would be appreciated.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just skimmed through the reg book and I didn't see any mention of that. Not saying it isn't true, but I can't find validation in the book.

JPO

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for checking, I haven't heard of it at all I do got a few friends that are friends of the GW over there so if I find out anything different I'll repost it

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just found this on the Outdoor Alabama app.

Once reduced to personal possession of the landowner or agent, feral swine will no longer be considered a game animal. However, feral swine will be treated as a game animal any time they are being hunted.

That leads me to believe that normal hunting regulations apply. Now, there may be certain exceptions made, but my guess is that they would occur on a case-by-case basis.

gambler227

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From my knowledge they can be hunted on private land without license. I have killed about 30 this year without license... they are an invasive species...

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From my knowledge they can be hunted on private land without license, day or night. I have killed about 30 this year without license... they are an invasive species...

Are you hunting them in Alabama?

http://www.outdooralabama.com/hunting/feral_hogs.cfm

Wild Pigs are managed by the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR). Although feral swine are not a game animal, the regulations are the same as hunting a game animal. While feral swine have the same regulations as game animals in Alabama, there are no tags required for take, and you may take as many as you want, everyday. All that’s needed to hunt wild pigs is a valid Alabama State Hunting license, a WMA license, and a WMA permit which is free. It is actually not a bad cost for hunting these razorbacks.

http://www.huntwildpig.com/state-specifics/alabama/

gambler227

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This says when hunting on a WMA that a license is required.....

http://www.outdooralabama.com/hunting/feral_hogs.cfm

Feral hogs are considered a game animal in Alabama and have no closed season and no bag limits. This means that on private land, hunters can legally hunt hogs every day of the year with no harvest restrictions. Hogs can be stalk hunted by moving slowly through areas with choice foods like acorns or agricultural crops or stand hunted along trails leading to food sources or bedding areas. When hunting on a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) a hunting license, management area permit, and management area license are required.

Wildlife Damage Permits are available to those individuals experiencing damage to property by feral hogs. Contact your local Conservation Enforcement Officer or local Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries District office for more information regarding this permit.

Top Bottom