• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Carrier assembly all the way forward on an empty chamber the rear of the bolt/firing pin should be on about a 45 degree angle on all AK's ?....it is on my zastava . I ask because my riley is due back from maker doing repair on mine for misfires ,the bolt/pin was straight up rather than 45 and would not pass my go gauge testing .

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yep - the bolt rotates roughly 45 degrees into battery.

This is why I caution people on US made AKs. The fact that you were able to buy the Riley at retail and it wouldn't pass a go gauge is extremely worrisome. Anyone with US made AKs, I'd strongly advise getting a set of headspace gauges for your rifle and checking it periodically.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep - the bolt rotates roughly 45 degrees into battery.

This is why I caution people on US made AKs. The fact that you were able to buy the Riley at retail and it wouldn't pass a go gauge is extremely worrisome. Anyone with US made AKs, I'd strongly advise getting a set of headspace gauges for your rifle and checking it periodically.
    Thank you ,it comes back tuesday from riley and the bolt position is the first thing i am going to check . I asked what was wrong with it but was told the paperwork is in the return box ,they did not charge me for the repair or return shipping . i am hopeful ,the thing is a light weight compared to my new zap m70 . The original problem was way too many misfires with what i thought were good primer hits ,it had about 100 rounds through it but is one year out of warranty , my LGS did not have too much experience on them imho . thank you again there does not seem to be a large group of people that really know the basic mechanics / specs of these aks ,i had to learn as i go

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You’re welcome! Hopefully the Riley is good to go now. I do think Riley is trying, possibly more than most other US manufacturers. I hope they get everything ironed out.
    I just came back from the range firing 60 rounds with no issues ,the repair form from riley says : it did close on a go gauge [it did not for me ] they replaced extractor and hammer spring . Blackened bolt and test fired : ....i do not know what a blackened bolt means but it looks like it was replaced . This weapon was one year out of warranty but fixed by riley at no charge except for my lgs fee for shipping

Latest posts

Top Bottom