• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2100 and the Carrs Water Crackers, Summer Sausage Roll, and Brick Monterey Jack Cheese have gone beyond temptation. Since I was once again in Bad Habit territory, guess washing it down with a little Scotch while watching Curse of Oak Island on the boob tube wouldn't increase the indiscretions. Not sure which cigar to have after Curse Oak Island ends? Anyone else succumbing to after dinner indiscretions?

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Caffeine and sugar. I'm past insulin. I chugg these so much I'm about ready for hospice.
    I start and end every day with caffeine. The VA Docs have me prescribed with 6 different Diabetes Meds Daily (thanks AO no family history of diabetes) so Sugar or Honey would probably make for a permanent end to my day. Got to envy those folks that have lived a good enough life to gorge on sugar while drawing Social Security. GOOD ON YOU!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wise guy Crickets????? I also have a sense of humor and some hard bark. Just because I have a date with the Grim Reaper that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a fellow sense of humor! Dang Curse of Oak Island. 2200+ and they are still running new content. So since I still owe myself a BAD HABIT Stogie it's going to be a rely on the alarm wakeup to watch the sun come up on the flowers in the Big Orange Box Garden. 0600-1200 Cinderella Shift, oh well there is a price to pay for after dinner indiscretions? Hope Y'all won't have a deeply ingrained work ethic after you pass the age of modern retirement. But 3 days a week isn't really a work schedule for Old Timers......LOL. Yet I have no chance at overtime, Boo Hoo.......LOL

Last edited:

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every year it takes a few months to dump my holiday weight, so I’ve mostly been living at the foot of the cross while that happens.

About 2000 calories a day, heavy on the protein, no alcohol, exercise five days a week, ect.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every year it takes a few months to dump my holiday weight, so I’ve mostly been living at the foot of the cross while that happens.

About 2000 calories a day, heavy on the protein, no alcohol, exercise five days a week, ect.
    I guess these after dinner cravings are an indication that heavier doses of the diabetes meds are working. Perhaps it's time to pickup more stone fruits and green peppers? If it's time to add a post dinner snack I guess it should be healthier? Water Crackers, Summer Sausage, and Cheese! Probably not the best snack before bed, but it sure let me sleep soundly.

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still indulge in a two-scoop Haagen Dazs ice cream sundae with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and pecans every day after dinner. I just tweak my cardio workout or go super light on lunch to account for it!

At my weight (180) it takes about three miles at 10 minutes per mile to burn off that sundae!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I still indulge in a two-scoop Haagen Dazs ice cream sundae with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and pecans every day after dinner. I just tweak my cardio workout or go super light on lunch to account for it!

At my weight (180) it takes about three miles at 10 minutes per mile to burn off that sundae!
    I'm in uncharted territory. As a Freshman in HS I wrestled at 143. Since 1970 I've been 160-65 In Service and Out. Last June I went my third round with COVID and now I can't get over 140. The Wife is concerned with how SKINNY I am, dropping weight isn't on the agenda! YMMV.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get yourself checked for Type 1 Diabetes.
    I'm type II. But I can resist anything but temptation. Pecan Praline Byers no sugar added two scoops, Hershey's sugar free chocolate, (out of Smuckers sugar free butterscotch) over the top of a small split banana. So I'm on the porch with a Candela Robusto & a Coffee + Bailey. Celebrating the best A1C results in the last 35 years. Not 8+, 5.7!! New Corpsman, She is a little aggressive, but Thanks DOC!

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Celebrating the best A1C results in the last 35 years. Not 8+, 5.7!!
    lowest I've been in some time was 5.2 and have seen it at 9. Las check was 6.2. Going in a few weeks for a yearly check. Sounds like I am a fat kid compared to some of you.

Top Bottom