• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does anyone know of a place within a few hours drive that you can pay to shoot full auto weapons. I have never done it before just wanted to check one thing off of my bucket list one day.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about this I am 32 married and have to children ages 1 and 4 and also if I joined the military it wouldn't pay enough to pay my bills which brings me to my next point our military needs to be paid more why does our politicians get paid more than our military? Who is more important the military or politicians??????

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about this ----> Join the military. Serve your country.

Any questions ???? --- SAWMAN

Interesting Reply.

I respect all that Serve Our Country via joining the Military as well as show support for anyone that chooses Our Military as a Career as well as I see any Military Career as Extremely Honorable.

With that said there is a common sense point of view that is constantly overlooked. If One pays taxes....We all Serve Our Country..Plain and Simple. In many, many cases a non-enlisted American Citizen better serves our country in the amount they pay in Taxes than they would Serve Our Country by Enlisting in the Military. For example if a Non-Enlisted Citizen earns enough to pay the amount in taxes that would pay the salary of 5 Enlisted in our Military that person not only Serves Our Country 5 fold but also helped to provide a Career Option for 5 other Americans. While Our Military contains some of the most remarkable and Finest People Our Country has to it's credit in many cases Our Military is the last option of a Career for many and the Only Option for some and someone has to provide the cost in taxes for there to be that opportunity. If you think about it just a little it would not be hard to realize that if we all joined Our Military who would buy the bullets? And to be Completely Honest at the rate Our Government is giving out money to people that don't work and pay taxes....it may be that we need to start recruiting "Working People" to Serve Our Country...as it seems there aren't enough "Working People that Pay Taxes" to support the Non-Working ones that Don't Pay Taxes.

I personally have not had the honor to meet and get to know Stagman so it may very well be that He is Greatly Serving Our Country already without having to join Our Military in order to Serve Our Country.

I personally Thank each and Every Single Person that has Enlisted in Our, The American Military and I have the Highest of Respect for them as well.

The way I see it...."We are All in this Together".

Last edited:

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting Reply.

I respect all that Serve Our Country via joining the Military as well as show support for anyone that chooses Our Military as a Career as well as I see any Military Career as Extremely Honorable.

With that said there is a common sense point of view that is constantly overlooked. If One pays taxes....We all Serve Our Country..Plain and Simple. In many, many cases a non-enlisted American Citizen better serves our country in the amount they pay in Taxes than they would Serve Our Country by Enlisting in the Military. For example if a Non-Enlisted Citizen earns enough to pay the amount in taxes that would pay the salary of 5 Enlisted in our Military that person not only Serves Our Country 5 fold but also helped to provide a Career Option for 5 other Americans. While Our Military contains some of the most remarkable and Finest People Our Country has to it's credit in many cases Our Military is the last option of a Career for many and the Only Option for some and someone has to provide the cost in taxes for there to be that opportunity. If you think about it just a little it would not be hard to realize that if we all joined Our Military who would buy the bullets? And to be Completely Honest at the rate Our Government is giving out money to people that don't work and pay taxes....it may be that we need to start recruiting "Working People" to Serve Our Country...as it seems there aren't enough "Working People that Pay Taxes" to support the Non-Working ones that Don't Pay Taxes.

I personally have not had the honor to meet and get to know Stagman so it may very well be that He is Greatly Serving Our Country already without having to join Our Military in order to Serve Our Country.

I personally Thank each and Every Single Person that has Enlisted in Our, The American Military and I have the Highest of Respect for them as well.

Garbo u might just b the smartest most logical man I have ever incountered on the internet!
    I vote GARBO for president!!
    Stag dont worry about these grumpy old men. They think there shit dont stink.
    They get jeolous if some one has a weapon and they r not a LEO,military or spends $1K a year training 4 times.LOL

P.S if u think these rude comments r about U then they just might be???Thankyou come again

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How about this ----> Join the military. Serve your country.

Any questions ???? --- SAWMAN

Some of the best patriots I've ever met desperately wanted to serve, but were ineligible due to medical reasons. Its almost a privilege to serve now with all of the red tape involved with getting in.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO there is a distinct difference between serving yourself and serving your country. The above responses are typical of a person that never desired to serve in the military. You were always too busy. You now are the ones that cannot understand what that privilege is all about.

I too was super "busy" with other things when i was 17 years old. I wanted to ACTUALLY do something for my country besides pay taxes. BTW Garbo(the same Garbo as the PFF Garbo I suspect),seems that your saying that you do not/should not serve in our(my)military if you simply pay taxes. Is that your excuse ?? Is that your "out" ??

You people that feel that you do not need to serve in the military to serve the country,that is your right. However let it be known that the people that serve now,have served,have died,have lost limbs,are Wounded Warriors,have paid their dues to give you the right to feel as you do.

Instead of closing by saying "thank you for your service to our country",let me simply say thank you for braving the rain and cold to go down to the post office to mail that check to the IRS. OR....probably in most cases,going out to your mail box to retrieve your IRS refund. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was a thread asking where to shoot full auto weapons... Why are we discussing all of this in here?

Jays rents guns, but it is my understanding that you have to use and buy their ammo which can be pricey. It would be fun to give it a shot (pun intended) but I personally would wait for the NFA shoot that we are going to have in the near future and hope someone brings some items with a fun switch.

Lets lighten up guys, our forum should be a place where people ask stupid questions without feeling stupid and get good information and legitimate answers from those who are more experienced.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This was a thread asking where to shoot full auto weapons... Why are we discussing all of this in here?

Jays rents guns, but it is my understanding that you have to use and buy their ammo which can be pricey. It would be fun to give it a shot (pun intended) but I personally would wait for the NFA shoot that we are going to have in the near future and hope someone brings some items with a fun switch.

Lets lighten up guys, our forum should be a place where people ask stupid questions without feeling stupid and get good information and legitimate answers from those who are more experienced.

thanks hopefully will someone keep us informed on when the NFA shoot will occur and hope to see some of y'all there

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No way is anyone going to win the conversation.
    So hopefully this will be my final comment on this derailed thread.
    Ok I am More thankful for our military than i could ever find the words to express, I love living in this country.
    Sawman even as far off the beaten path as u may be if u fought for my freedom i still owe u my respect and thanks, but everyone cant be military it wouldnt work, there r countries that require it and it is a failed policy.
    Not everyone is meant for military for one reason or 100 reasons, but that doesnt take away their right to shoot a weapon or own one thats what makes America great.
    My father was military and spent his off days preparing me for survival and military and i won 4th place in the State of Al in high school for cross country 5K run an played football an basketball but still due to my handicap no military branch would take me, I tried everyone twice, and He spent lots of money making sure i was trained to NRA specs for shooting- A week long class every summer for 7 years (sharp shooter bar6) plus exercises every morning and mile run, pullups and all.But wouldnt let me in end of story.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Field trip!!!

http://www.knobcreekrange.com/events/featured-events/machine-gun-shoot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z8o4rY9nRz0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=31vm3-BQRJU#!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Aazum9YhuU0

I shall exercise restraint and only say that if you don't pay your "Patriotic taxes" you are fined, jailed or both. Peace Corps (PC) and the others don't cut it either and I know PC members have been raper and murdered by the poor people they are helping. It still does not balance out.

Conscription has worked for the Swiss, Austria, Israel and a dozen more. China sure has a lot of cannon fodder from this. Our Draft was abolished in 73. Selective Service Registration resumed in 80. If things go to hell I guess the DOH Youth Corps will already know how to fill it's ranks.

WR

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It would be worth it for a super thrill but at what cost? and WOW ^ Field Trip Fur Sur, I wonder what that runs in ammo bills? That was awsome.
    and Bean Counter Good One That was funny.

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting Reply.

I dont want to de-rail the post thread again, but every one of us in the military pays taxes.... just thought Id point that out.

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will apologize for my post as it not being on topic. I sent a private message to the original poster and explained my thoughts in which the original poster replied favorably.

The question was simple and when it got reply in disrespect I spoke up.

It is truth every American Citizen can't be Enlisted in our Military...It just will not work. Even with all Enlisted Military Paying Taxes it still will not work. Our Military is a Cost Center and not a Profit Center. Come to think of it our complete Government is a Cost Center so we can't all work for it.

Just because someone is or has been Enlisted in Our Military does not give them any right to disrespect or assume of others as not Serving Our Country.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks hopefully will someone keep us informed on when the NFA shoot will occur and hope to see some of y'all there

Its unlikely that there will be any public full auto shoots here. Many range owners are fearful of the liability. Full auto requires close supervision for people who have never shot them. Also the owners of these expensive and rare toys don't trust many to finger them. There are a few private full auto shoots I've been to in the area, but for good reason they are kept private for the aforementioned reasons.

Top Bottom