• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Found this while looking for other things. But what a beautiful gun, a Daisy BB gun that came with a removable bayonet.

Made in the 1910s and maybe up to the early 1930s. Known as the Daisy Model 40. To kool for words.

1922 dealer catalog

1647362399733.png

1647362622620.png

Real nice little article.

And before anyone really freaks out about a steel bayonet on the tip of a BB gun. Remember it did originally come with a rubber tip.. :)

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    when i was a kid in the late 60s, way last century, i had an toy automatic weapon with bayonet and a grenade launcher that slung plastic grenades. i want to say it was a johnny quest brand...

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    when i was a kid in the late 60s, way last century, i had an toy automatic weapon with bayonet and a grenade launcher that slung plastic grenades. i want to say it was a johnny quest brand...
    You have me going with this. All I can think of the great Johnny Seven OMAC.. But I do not remember a bayonet. Crap I hope I was not gipped out of one when I was a kid :)

1647366796977.png

Last edited:

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    mannnnnnn....that MAY be it! that looks cool but not totally familiar. i mean, i was young. but i thought it had a bayonet and i dont recall the bipod....mine might very well have been missing parts. most of my toys were hand-me-downs.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Johnny 7 it was 7 different weapons in 1 my brother had one. I got the machine gun Defender Dan it shot a belt of plastic bullets IIRC

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    ya'll must have been rich.... i was lucky if we found a stick that looked like a gun...
    I got mine last year at the Waterfront Rescue Mission toy section for like $10. I looked it up online and toy collectors are paying hundreds of dollars for these Johnny Seven guns in good shape

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I had the gun below it, the model 25.
    Went thru a ton of BBs.
    I bought my son a pump action Daisy as his first rifle. The pump doesn't work anymore, and we upgraded him to a Red Rider that still works. He's 18 this month. How time flies. I still have my first, a Daisy 880. It doesn't work anymore either. That 880's barrel went flying out the front about 25 years ago. All 3 are proud wall hangers in the living room. They've given quite a few visitors a start! To the untrained eye they certainly look real enough

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I got mine last year at the Waterfront Rescue Mission toy section for like $10. I looked it up online and toy collectors are paying hundreds of dollars for these Johnny Seven guns in good shape
    were you lucky enough to get the projectiles too?

Top Bottom