• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armywags

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I reloads some 9mm rounds and I am having feeding issues... About every other round fails to feed. I know it is not the weapon as it runs factory like a champ. The reloads tend to be point upwards when the weapon fails to feed. If anyone has had that problem and has a fix or knows what the issue it I would appreciate it. Thanks guys

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you checked your rounds with a case gauge? If they don't slide all the way in smoothly and flush with the bottom then something's amiss.
    I have one so if you're ever in the area, like to pick up some 223 brass, you can check your rounds with it.

Rick

armywags

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ok cool.... I might have to take you up on that. I think I figured it out, my sister in law was trying to help and resized all my brass and I didn't check her work before I reloaded them. I think they were re sized wrong but I will know tomorrow. I loaded more up myself and if that doesn't fix it then I don't know

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Two things. #1 Don't let anyone "help" while you reload unless you know their knowledge and skill level, and #2 If the brass has been "glocked" resizing won't help. You need a GRX die from Redding. JMHO YMMV

Idoono

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I've reloaded much Glock fired brass with plain old Lee carbide dies and never had an issue, not saying someone else won't. And frankly, in all my years of reloading this is the first I've heard of it. But if there is an issue I don't know about thanks for pointing it out. Safety first !!

Rick

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Look at the lower part of the case while turning it in your hands. If you see a buldge on one side it has been "glocked" (fired in a Glock). If your gun has a tight chamber it will not load correctly. The early model Glocks had loose chambers with areas of little support which lets the brass flow downward when fired. I routinely run all my 40 cal through a GRX die and it is very easy to tell which brass was fired in a Glock.

Idoono

Last edited:

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Every Glock must not do this. Just recently loaded some that were shot in glock and shot fine in my sig and glock. Will watch for this though.

Duelist

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A lot will depend on how old the brass is. I have had two glocks blow out in that area with brass that was reloaded one to many times. I replace all of my glock barrels with storm lake, and never had another problem.

armywags

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I didn't notice a bulge in the brass but that is not saying that it is not present. I loaded several different configurations today and I am going to try them tomorrow to try in figure out what was wrong

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A lot will depend on how old the brass is. I have had two glocks blow out in that area with brass that was reloaded one to many times. I replace all of my glock barrels with storm lake, and never had another problem.

Interesting theory on the age. I'll have to look into that. And yes, not all Glocks do it and it seems to be more of a problem with the earlier generation guns and the higher pressure ones (40's).

Idoono

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What dies are you using?
    I've run about 3k 9mm cases through my lee dies so far, and have not had any problems ....other than some bad primers.
    I think I do remember having to set the die so that it sized the case as low as possible.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    least 3 piece carbide.. what do you mean set it to size the case ad low as it'll go

It's been a while since I set up the dies...I'd have to review my setup to be sure...but I think I made sure that the die was sizing the entire case, instead of stopping a little high.
    The 9mm case is not a true strait wall either ....so if you don't let the die size down far enough...the entire shell will be too large.

beaux

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can use your barrel to check the rounds also,( field strip the gun of course) If the rounds dont drop in you have a problem. Are you using a factory crimp die ? some times they can help.

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What's your load data? Loads on the light side tend to not fully cycle the action and have been known to have feed issues on autoloaders with heavy springs.

Top Bottom