• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    85 year-old woman home invaded. Perp came armed, apparently looking to steal firearms, etc. from the old lady (BIG mistake!).

She shoots him twice w/her .357, and he hits her multiple times w/his 9mm. He stumbles into the kitchen and dies, she survives the next ten hours handcuffed to a chair, and is now recovering :)

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    85 year-old woman home invaded. Perp came armed, apparently looking to steal firearms, etc. from the old lady (BIG mistake!).

She shoots him twice w/her .357, and he hits her multiple times w/his 9mm. He stumbles into the kitchen and dies, she survives the next ten hours handcuffed to a chair, and is now recovering :)

i read about that, amazing grit, then again, not so amazing, as an 85yr old granny don't take no shit from no bum .357=75% one shot stops

my mother would have shot him as soon as he entered the room again....3 or 4 times
    hell, she would empty a .38 spec on a snake, even if she hit him the first 5 times... to make sure he was deader

DustyDog

Master
    i read about that, amazing grit, then again, not so amazing, as an 85yr old granny don't take no shit from no bum .357=75% one shot stops

my mother would have shot him as soon as he entered the room again....3 or 4 times
    hell, she would empty a .38 spec on a snake, even if she hit him the first 5 times... to make sure he was deader
    One thing is weird. If I understood correctly, it was her son who found her 10 hours later... but he was in the house when it all went down!?!

ccc

Master
    While a great story, these one off’s can’t be considered as overwhelming statistical evidence or facts. I own several .357 revolvers and love them for what they are and the purpose they serve. I CCW .9mm and probably always will. Police officers and military have trusted them for YEARS, and they have killed hundreds of thousands of people.

BluesBrother

Master
    While a great story, these one off’s can’t be considered as overwhelming statistical evidence or facts. I own several .357 revolvers and love them for what they are and the purpose they serve. I CCW .9mm and probably always will. Police officers and military have trusted them for YEARS, and they have killed hundreds of thousands of people.
    I feel the same way. One off or not I will carry a 9mm all day, every day. The 85 year old woman was proficient with her weapon of choice .357 magnum to get off more than one shot. I pray I will be able to do the same when I'm her age.

Last edited:

sloporsche

Marksman
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    No safety or rackin time plus shot placement .....us old fudds rock it . 2.5 python and a SW 340 PD in our house and the wife has taken a fancy of what used to be my python both are loaded with 357 JHP . She knows to put the front sight on center mass like a red dot at bad breath range and detonate twice DA ......well she will get one off with the 340 anyway

BluesBrother

Master
    No safety or rackin time plus shot placement .....us old fudds rock it . 2.5 python and a SW 340 PD in our house and the wife has taken a fancy of what used to be my python both are loaded with 357 JHP . She knows to put the front sight on center mass like a red dot at bad breath range and detonate twice DA ......well she will get one off with the 340 anyway
    Was it reported the gun was DA? This happened in cowboy country (Idaho) SAA is king. If she had to cock, than fire twice. WOW! My kind of woman.

Top Bottom