• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    7mm-08 not always on the shelf in stores , I had one and dropped a nice buck with it but traded the rifle afterwards, I’d go with the 308 as ammo is more readily available if you don’t reload ammo, with that being said, the 7mm-08 is an excellent round

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yea when I was young and dumb I loved .7mm, 300, and no not needed at all. After several shoulder surgeries I wish I hadn’t and now realize anything from .243, .270, 30.06 is all you need, and I shoot 30.06 and honestly it is more than needed !

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yea when I was young and dumb I loved .7mm, 300, and no not needed at all. After several shoulder surgeries I wish I hadn’t and now realize anything from .243, .270, 30.06 is all you need, and I shoot 30.06 and honestly it is more than needed !
    good shot placement and the proper grain bullet and loading, the 06 will drop anything in n. america

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    7 MM Remington magnum is not too much gun for white tail deer . The question is as I see it , are you comfortable shooting it. If the recoil is acceptable to you ,then there’s no reason not to buy it.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    If a 7 mag is what you have than that's what you hunt with. No such thing as to much gun for the game. Way better than a sharp stick. Most guys only have 2-3 boxes of their hunting ammo. Surely you'll be able to find some in or out of season. Once sighted in a scope doesn't loose zero. If you bang it around, maybe. But under normal situations scope will retain zero. I have some of the calibers mentioned above but would not hesitate to buy or hunt with a 7 mag.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    115   0   0
    .243 or .270 is plenty for whitetails! Many people tend to shoot them (especially .243) better than the magnums. I had a friend that I hunted with in New Mexico and he got a mule deer and an elk every year with a .243. He was a very good shot with that .243!
    Here ya go.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom