• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    6.8 Pistol Kill

Just had to do it with the pistol, went out and worked on the lease, backed out and went back at 6, pigs came in just after 7P. I was in a 12' tower 60 yrds for feeder roll barrel setup. They came in 12 piglets, sow and 4 shoats. I picked the largest shoat and the new 6.8 pistol barked. The Flaming Pig(KX3) made it easy to shoot w/o hearing protection. The little one went down, got up and started running to the woods, I took another shot and shattered its spine, first shot had gone thru the front shoulder, so it would have died anyway, just wanted to shoot the gun...LOL No bullet recover on the 120SST, too small a hog @ 60lbs. This size pig I skin and gut, keep it whole to be smoked so he is in the saltwater brine as I type!

I love the gun, nice and light to carry around the lease. Almost all my shots are less than 100yds so I am thinking this will be my goto carry around the lease weapon. I would love to find a rig to strap it to my hip/leg so i can work/spot and stalk w/o the single point sling. Signature #2 is the weapon

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It is illegal to be shouldered as a pistol, that would make it a SBR and require a stamp, it was rested on a shooting rail in the tower I was in.

I wasn't sure if that were the case or not. Thanks for clearing that up. Again, congrats on the kill with your new toy!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I hung him up to process, walked back to my truck 10' away, turned to go back and the biggest pygmy rattle snake I have seen was between me and the pig, I think I stepped over him. Naturally I had already removed my snake boots. I can tell you a 9mm G 19 is not what you want to shoot them with as the bullets just made him move faster!

Top Bottom