• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    5.56 AR compatible drum magazines. I have been considering getting one from time to time but never checked them out. Any recommendations and comments on: brand, fit issues, function, reliability and so on. Is one size/capacity better the another? Duel drums?

Thanks for your time,
    WR

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know that there are a lot of them on the market, but the only one that I have heard consistently good information on is the Beta Mag C-mag. There are lots of copies of it, and they might work, but I paid the $250 ish for the real deal. I haven't used it yet, but it is well constructed and a quality piece of gear.

http://www.betaco.com/

I got mine at cheaper than dirt, it came without the case and loader at a cheaper cost, which I didn't know at the time. I'd have rather gotten the case and loader with it. Hope that helps!

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know that there are a lot of them on the market, but the only one that I have heard consistently good information on is the Beta Mag C-mag. There are lots of copies of it, and they might work, but I paid the $250 ish for the real deal. I haven't used it yet, but it is well constructed and a quality piece of gear.

http://www.betaco.com/

I got mine at cheaper than dirt, it came without the case and loader at a cheaper cost, which I didn't know at the time. I'd have rather gotten the case and loader with it. Hope that helps!

They were on sale last week too,actually SAT. Their sales usually run a while,as for mags I have heard to only get the betas,but have no first hand experiance in all honesty.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If $250 for a drum like that is the dumbest thing I buy gun wise this year, I am doing ok... Haha.
    I guess you got a point man haha. I wonder how the gun will run with all that weight hanging from the bottom of it?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess you got a point man haha. I wonder how the gun will run with all that weight hanging from the bottom of it?

I need a scale to weigh it with, but with the mag loaded in my Sig 556 it weights what I estimate to be a metric ass load. I don't think that it will effect function at all.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To me th biggest turnoff of these would be the podered graphite you have to add to the mags,seems like a frikin mess waiting to happen...

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe I should read the directions on mine, I did get a tube of graphite, but I didn't apply any of it while loading. Seems to work smoothly with what was already in there.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Beta c. Make sure it comes with pouch, loader and graphite. Otherwise it's a rip off or a fake. Works as a stand too, lol "" clear back ones had issues. Also no lrbho.

Attachments

• 20191108_162559.jpg
      20191108_162559.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 119
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom