• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rode over to my hunting club for a little range trip today. I mostly brought my revolvers since that's sorta what mode I'm in these days, but decided to bring along my last glock that I haven't got rid of. I bought this gun brand new a couple years ago and it has been shot less than 500 rounds. The last shot of my second magazine, the take down "pin" fell out. I was able to find the actual metal piece, but it looks like I'm missing atleast a spring and maybe other pieces. Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this? What's my next step? I haven't heard very good things about glocks customer service, and have even had a bad experience myself with them. Anyone local that could repair it?

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can look at it. Certified Glock armorer and all that jazz. But I wont be back in town till Wed.

Last edited:

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out YouTube to see what you can do or see if you can find an glock armorer/SME on this site?

Had some of them extended take down pins down installed but slept sense then :thumb:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rode over to my hunting club for a little range trip today. I mostly brought my revolvers since that's sorta what mode I'm in these days, but decided to bring along my last glock that I haven't got rid of. I bought this gun brand new a couple years ago and it has been shot less than 500 rounds. The last shot of my second magazine, the take down "pin" fell out. I was able to find the actual metal piece, but it looks like I'm missing atleast a spring and maybe other pieces. Anyone have any ideas what could have caused this? What's my next step? I haven't heard very good things about glocks customer service, and have even had a bad experience myself with them. Anyone local that could repair it?

Are you referring to the slide lock? Or one of the actual pins?

If it is the slide lock then it is probably the slide lock spring that is the issue. The early gen4 g19's had this problem and glock began installing and upgraded spring to fix the problem. They would either not hold enough tension to the slide lock to prevent it from coming out or the spring itself would actually work itself out thus losing tension and then the slide lock would come out.

There are only two parts related to this...1.slidelock spring, 2. Slide lock.

And yes I'm a certified glock armorer

Last edited:

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry for not knowing the terminology, but it's the actual piece that you press down to take the slide off, not the slide release. I didn't know how else to describe it.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, just googled a diagram, the piece I found is the actual slide lock, and I am missing the slide lock spring. Can I reuse the slide lock, or do I go ahead and get another one? Any place local to purchase these parts? Would it do any good to contact glock?

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reuse the slide lock. Its just metal. If you want to get fancy they have extended ones for about $10. But I'm not into that kinda thing.
    And I'd just order a spring. Easy fix.
    And you can try contacting Glock. But in my experience, I have always been faster fixing a problem vs the MFGR.

Top Bottom