• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes,16 inch . I don’t know from personal experience, but I have a friend that used the Winchester factory loads to take 3 deer this year . He says it’s as good as his 300blk and perhaps a little better. I know that you can’t use the Winchester brass with .357 bullets in my ruger ranch rifle , the neck area of the chamber is to tight to chamber a round when using .357 bullets. The starline cases have thinner necks and work fine. I bought the rifle to shoot suppressed 180 grain Hornady XTP bullets , and that’s all I’ve shot in it to date.I’ve taken 2 coyotes at around 75 yards and several hogs at close range. It’s had enough power to drop them very close to where they were shot. If I wasn’t so heavily vested in 300blk Supplies I’d likely get deeper into the 350 legend .

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yes,16 inch . I don’t know from personal experience, but I have a friend that used the Winchester factory loads to take 3 deer this year . He says it’s as good as his 300blk and perhaps a little better. I know that you can’t use the Winchester brass with .357 bullets in my ruger ranch rifle , the neck area of the chamber is to tight to chamber a round when using .357 bullets. The starline cases have thinner necks and work fine. I bought the rifle to shoot suppressed 180 grain Hornady XTP bullets , and that’s all I’ve shot in it to date.I’ve taken 2 coyotes at around 75 yards and several hogs at close range. It’s had enough power to drop them very close to where they were shot. If I wasn’t so heavily vested in 300blk Supplies I’d likely get deeper into the 350 legend .
    Issued weapons all over Europe got around this by having loose chambers. Somebody should wallow out a chamber to be able to use 357 projectiles with the thickest brass possible and then give us an accuracy report. If I owned one of these rifles I'd do it myself. Anybody want to sell me one?

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wonder if you could inside ream the winchester brass for .357 bullets. Thats what im reading i have to do on my 223 basic brass from starline for my 357 max ar

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got one, BCA stainless 16 inch w/ zip stick, 1.5x 4x vortex scope, a2 rifle buffer, stock shoots great. 180gr win power point. 0 at 100. Adjusted up 2 tics after this group. On the money. Gonna blast a deer with it. A little more recoil than. 223. 0 failures of any kind. Go BCA!

Attachments

• 20220204_145325.jpg
      20220204_145325.jpg
      464 KB · Views: 42
    • 20220204_144906.jpg
      20220204_144906.jpg
      754.9 KB · Views: 39
    Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if you could inside ream the winchester brass for .357 bullets. Thats what im reading i have to do on my 223 basic brass from starline for my 357 max ar
    I don’t see why you couldn’t, it would not take much.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Legend was just designed to meet some straightwall restrictions somewhere in Midwest/Northeast for hunting. And they of course decided to make something that would fit AR platform. All my understanding.

I've got .35 Rem in a lever and a pump. I have no need for Legend, but can see attraction if you want to shoot a large caliber in an AR. Now, the Raptor, on the other hand. Yeah...... if I like the AR, I'll build a lightweight bolt gun too.

Top Bottom