• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a neighbor heading out west to hunt elk (and/or mulies) later this year. He owns a gun chambered in what "he" feels adaquate. (Guided,long range elk . . NOT water hole)
    Told him about this gun. Tried to explain it all to him,showed him this post and pics . . BUT . . he is kinda "ballistically challenged" . . . soooooooo ?? --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a neighbor heading out west to hunt elk (and/or mulies) later this year. He owns a gun chambered in what "he" feels adaquate. (Guided,long range elk . . NOT water hole)
    Told him about this gun. Tried to explain it all to him,showed him this post and pics . . BUT . . he is kinda "ballistically challenged" . . . soooooooo ?? --- SAWMAN

Thanks for the assist. One would think he discussed caliber/scope and actual MOA @ distance issues with his Guide who knows the intended terrain. As you know, a spendy hunt is not the good place to go with minimums. You have the expertise to give him an edge, up to him to capitalize on it. I do hope he Tags one.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah . . . basically . . . LISTEN TO,AND TAKE ADVICE FROM YOUR GUIDE !!
    His intended gun was inadquate. So was the magnification of his optic. I do not want to start a gun/chambering war but why go "kinda,almost good" with a hunt of this caliber and cost. I used to tell my sports,prepare for a long shot then a close shot will be easy. And . . if your gun will be OK that is not good enough for me. In my years as a guide in Maine,I refused to guide about 10-15 potential sports because their equipment and/or their ability was inadequate. ---- SAWMAN
    I'll work on him. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Anxious to hear some buyers feedback.
    I really liked my gun. Mine went to an older gentleman out in NE Nevada. His passion was long range Mule Deer. He planned to zero the gun at 500yds.
    Congratz on the sale,and to someone what will use as intended. --- SAWMAN

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom