• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jt7051

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you want to go with a 300 AR I would go with the 300 AAC Blackout. It's a SAMI cartrage, and you can fire a 300 Whisper/300 Fireball out of it (but can't fire a 300BLK from guns specific to 300 Fireball).

jt7051

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Attachments

• 300aac.jpg
      300aac.jpg
      60 KB · Views: 252

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok guys, thanks for the input. That's why I like this forum, keeps me from making bad purchase decisions. I'm just looking for something different from 5.56/.223

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where are you able to hunt deer with silencers? Not Alabama or florida correct? So for most of us that is not really an option.

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm just beginning the process of building my first AR and the 300blk is on the short list of calibers. My question is does this round use standard 223/5.56 magazines, a special follower or are there dedicated mags that will become unavailable after I get an upper?

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He might just be an outlaw..... Which is none of your business, nor is it mine... Who cares if he is shooting does on the hush???

I was not inferring the he or anyone here is or wanted to do anything illegal. I was reminding people that it would be illegal,Heck it may make him change the caliber he chooses. I would not buy it to hunt with if it is illegal waste of money.

But Hey I like to follow the law to each there own. Just do not invite me to hunt with you. Like thats going to happen. LOL

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm just beginning the process of building my first AR and the 300blk is on the short list of calibers. My question is does this round use standard 223/5.56 magazines, a special follower or are there dedicated mags that will become unavailable after I get an upper?

I use regular pmags with no modifications in mine never had a problem.....

jt7051

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where are you able to hunt deer with silencers? Not Alabama or florida correct? So for most of us that is not really an option.

Quite a few actually
    AND HUNTING WITH USE OF FIREARMS-MOUNTED HEARING PROTECTION (SOUND SUPPRESSORS)
    AK All game animals legal
    AR All game animals legal
    AZ All game animals legal
    As of August 1, 2012, after Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed House Bill 2728 into law, suppressors are now legal for hunters in Arizona to use lawfully-possessed suppressors on firearms for hunting, modifying the previous prohibitions listed in R12-4-303. Unlawful Devices, Methods, and Ammunition.
    CO All game animals legal
    ID All game animals legal
    KS All game animals legal
    KY All game animals legal
    LA "Nongame nuisance quadrupeds" only §116.1. Wild birds and wild quadrupeds; times and (3) Take or kill any game bird or wild quadruped with a firearm fitted with any device to deaden or silence the sound of the discharge thereof
    MO All game animals legal
    MS All game animals legal
    MT Non-game animals legal
    PREVIOUS LAW: 87-3-123. Use of silencers or mufflers on firearms forbidden. No person may take into a field or forest or have in his possession while out hunting any device or mechanism devised to silence, muffle, or minimize the report of any firearms, whether such device or mechanism be operated from or attached to any firearm.
    NOTE: The above (former) law was partially repealed via Section 120, through Senate Bill 124, 04/21/11 Section 120. Repealer: The following sections of the Montana Code Annotated are repealed: "87-3-123. Use of silencers or mufflers on firearms forbidden." This legalizes the use of suppressors in the field or forest for all activities except hunting.
    ND All game animals legal
    NE All game animals legal
    NM All game animals legal
    NV All game animals legal
    SC All game animals legal
    SD All game animals legal
    TN All game animals legal
    TX All game animals legal
    As of March 29, 2012, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission voted unanimously to legalize suppressor use for hunting game animals. Previously, only non-game animals were legal to take with suppressed firearms. This change modifies to remove the previous prohibitions that listed in under TX §65.11 (1) Firearms. (D)
    UT All game animals legal
    VA All game animals legal
    WA All game animals legal
    WI All game animals legal
    WV All game animals legal

Copy and pasted from http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/pdf/HUNTING%20WITH%20SUPPRESSORS-STATE%20LAW%20COMPILATION.pdf

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He might just be an outlaw..... Which is none of your business, nor is it mine... Who cares if he is shooting does on the hush???

sometimes MH you sucker punch people for no reason , that is why you will never see me offer anything for sell on this forum again after that beating you gave that poor guy that got " price policed " so badly that he left the forum.
    I purchased the BO for the novelty and home defence in mind and I also see a future for this caliber that perhaps others do not.
    I have removed the photo's of legally harvested deer taken from the 300BO forum .
    comments of illegal behavior becomes public record and is reviewed by LE all the time. false accusations or inyourendo can have legal ramifications down the road when who knows who will review the postings.
    I hunt legally and ethically and only predator hunt at night with proper permit so don't paint me to be like you.
    I found it as revolting as one of your fellow officers who called you out on PFF when you reported live at night that you had just wiped out a "whole family" of deer pre season and killed 5 total even if you did have the permit to do so. I AM NOT LIKE YOU.
    I do not hold a grudge but you need to know where we stand when you publicly insinuate that I am a criminal.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    sometimes MH you sucker punch people for no reason , that is why you will never see me offer anything for sell on this forum again after that beating you gave that poor guy that got " price policed " so badly that he left the forum.
    I purchased the BO for the novelty and home defence in mind and I also see a future for this caliber that perhaps others do not.
    I have removed the photo's of legally harvested deer taken from the 300BO forum .
    comments of illegal behavior becomes public record and is reviewed by LE all the time. false accusations or inyourendo can have legal ramifications down the road when who knows who will review the postings.
    I hunt legally and ethically and only predator hunt at night with proper permit so don't paint me to be like you.
    I found it as revolting as one of your fellow officers who called you out on PFF when you reported live at night that you had just wiped out a "whole family" of deer pre season and killed 5 total even if you did have the permit to do so. I AM NOT LIKE YOU.
    I do not hold a grudge but you need to know where we stand when you publicly insinuate that I am a criminal.

Never said you were a criminal, never implied that you hunted illegally either. I just said that I don't care if you shoot them, nor do I care how you do it. My night hunting thread was mainly to poke at one of my fellow workers since he hunts the same area that we shoot deer legally. I'm not gonna get in to that again, it is what we do like it or not. And again I am very well aware of what can and cannot be used as evidence. You can say what ever in the hell you want, proving it is a whole separate issue.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom