• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Surfrod

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't remember where I saw this, but at one point I read a take on the Second Amendment written in the language of the First Amendment. Have not been able to find it again but does this sound familiar to anyone? It was a poignant way to rephrase the 2nd in a way easily understood by BDGH ( brain dead gun haters).

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Here's one analysis from the other perspective: showing how the 2nd Amendment isn't such a unique way of constructing a sentence in a constitutional document.

http://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/common.htm

And here's one of many articles explaining how easy it "should" be to understand it how it is already elegantly written:

https://fee.org/articles/reading-the-second-amendment/

I looked, but I couldn't find what you're referring to. In fact, the majority of the "re-writes" I found were articles from obvious anti-gunners and other ignorant fools. Including the "Common Core" textbooks. Wow, those revelations were infuriating about the propaganda being spewed to our kids.

I'm not a fan of "rephrasing" something that is already well-written, simply to make an idiot understand it better. Better tactic: Educate the idiot on the original sentence structure. Educate the idiot on the proper use of the English language, syntax, and the definition of the words.

If the idiot still doesn't get it, who cares.

(I'm also not a fan of wasting my time on idiots anymore)

Surfrod

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Snake-Eyes, I completely understand about talking to some people regarding what is a simple sentence. Seems to be a lot like trying to explain fire to a fish! In the rewrite that I'm searching for it was done from a pro-second Amendment stance in such a way to be irrefutable if you agree with the First Amendment.

Thanks for the reply, it was still good reading!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Did anyone happen to watch Tucker Carlson last night ref. the NRA ?? (8PM Fox News)
    They made some really good points. --- SAWMAN

Surfrod

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I missed Tucker last night due to BBQ, but through the power of Al Gore's internet and Roku I'll go back and check it out, thanks!

Top Bottom