• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I owned a .22 hornet years and years ago and harvested many deer on our lease while thinning out the does for a better buck to doe ratio and many hogs. I mentioned to my cousin I would like to have another one day. Well he just called. Days here. Lol. Being that I havnt owned one in awhile just wondering what the best ammo is available today and what you all who have or use them suggest. I will be shooting hogs and raccoons at 50 yards from a feeder out of a stationary stand. I am a proficient shot so accuracy is not a problem. Thank you for your input.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most 22 hornets have 1 in 16 rifling so that pretty much rules out any heavy bullets. Factory stuff is mostly loaded with 45 grain Bullets with the exception of the hornady Vmax that is 35 grains . I believe you said you didn’t reload in another thread so that would be your choices . I’ve been a hornet fan for many years . A cartridge that has more energy at two hundred yards than a 22 magnum has at the muzzle, but isn’t loud has my attention. The hornady 35 grain is the most accurate in several of the hornets that I have. In the browning micro hunter it’s so accurate that won’t tell anyone as they wouldn’t believe it , I have how ever shown a few folks and they still have a hard time accepting it.

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you for the info. Gives me a place to start the ballistics journey. Lol. I don’t reload but have friends that do. Bet if I bought them what they needed they would load me some no problem. Any recommendations on best reloads

Top Bottom