• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    For sale!

I've decided to not repair the old Cadillac. I lack the tools and time needed. It's sat up for about 6 months or so. It has a flawless motor and transmission in it. A crazy lady hit me in it the same week I bought it. All it damaged was the windshield wiper fluid bottle. It still drives perfectly straight, but was wearing a tire extra. Likely needs a tie rod end or something minor to fix that, then needs a new front bumper/clip and hood. Pretty common and inexpensive parts.
    I need to get them gone asap so here's the details..

It's a late 2006 more rare "STS" V8 "rear wheel drive". It has the same engine as was used in the rare expensive Cadillac XLR, which was Cadillacs version of the Corvette. This is non turbo version that used the 4.6 liter V8. So it's a good fix'er up candidate or to use as a motor and transmission swap into a S-10 or something to make a fun truck. Or, put it on the track and get a few laps out of the rascal.
    Someone spent some money on it and had a exhaust system professionally installed and it has a unique crazy sound, very loud but not tacky sounding. Hard to describe. It has all the upgrades inside they had at the time, keyless entry, adaptive cruise control, big fancy rims, slap style shiftable automatic, even has both heated and cooled leather seats which is crazy. The motor as I said ran great and the transmission also. The AC is the coldest I ever owned and still works too. The Impala has real rims also, but has a 3.8 6L cylinder.
    Anyways the insurance company totalled it out. It has a salvage title and I'm selling it as a parts only kind of deal, not as a titled car. I'll give you the title tho. I'm also pricing it to move fast. But I need someone to take the impala also if they want them. It too has a title but it's a clear title in my name.
    So im asking 200$ for the Impala,
    And 500$ for the Caddy.
    700$ for the pair.
    I rather see a member here have it than just calling a random junker. Leaving it posted for about 2 days before calling them. Offers are welcome. You'll need a jump box if ya want to hear them run. Tires will need air also as they've sat for a long while under oak trees.

Attachments

• 20230801_120243.jpg
      20230801_120243.jpg
      596.3 KB · Views: 93
    • 20220207_142216.jpg
      20220207_142216.jpg
      342.4 KB · Views: 93
    • 20230612_094601.jpg
      20230612_094601.jpg
      665.6 KB · Views: 92
    Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    can you take some interior pics of the cadi
    It's all nearly like brand new inside. Nice leather bucket seats, all black. Can't open the back doors as it's all electric keyless entry except for the driver door allows for a regular key to be used, and the battery is dead from sitting so long. There's a little bit of the rear seats paint pelling on the bottom. Looks just cosmetic. I checked Ebay a while back and they sell the leather off the seats and is easy to replace if ya wanted to, think it was like 50$ or something. But the interior is pretty dam clean and nice

Attachments

• 20230807_152355.jpg
      20230807_152355.jpg
      276.7 KB · Views: 57

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I guess you can't see the mileage because it's digital. I believe you can use a 9volt battery to illuminate the dash board.
    Yeah just got back from checking and yes it's digital. No manual ticker per say. I'm afraid I don't know how to put a small battery in it. But you're welcome to come and check it out with no obligation to buy and hear it run and check it out.
    But it ran honestly like new. No squeaky suspension or anything. It rides like a cloud with the magnetic suspension. No oil leaks or noises from the motor either.
    It ran like a 4 door mustang when I had it going last. You'll like how it sounds I'm sure

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I checked the title too and I guess since it's a salvage title they didn't bother with noting the milage

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'll have to check that out. It's a new battery my dad said he replaced it before I got it. Its just dead now from lack of use. But yeah the title being salvaged was because I refused the offer of the insurance company of 1500$ added if they kept it. As I said I planned to fix it and never got around to it, nor had the area to do it at. It's still my mom's name on the title in fact. I never even had a chance to fully swap it over before it was hit. I got hit the week I started driving it. I refused tho knowing it was worth more and just needed some work.
    I searched and had a front clip picked out. I was going to get rid of the louvered front grill also and get the new style mesh stainless steel one like on the STS V turbo series. They look awesome with those. Then treat the repair as just an upgrade to the Caddy. The body parts actually was cheap online since it shares parts with the less expensive models of the time.
    The factory oversize real rims should be worth most of the asking price. Not counting the motor and transmission alone.
    But yeah lost interest in it and now they have to be gone this week. So running it by here before calling others. Since I have two I'm making it worth someone's time

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I don't understand how the Caddy has a salvage title if you didn't accept the offer
    When ya wreck they'll pay x amount for damages etc. Never really what the cars are actually worth as the Kelly blue book is basically written by them. But yeah anytime ya get into a situation with a car that they total you can opt to keep the car and receive less money back. They ask for the title first tho then mail you back a salvage one. It's lawyer mumbo jumbo as to why.
    Seems less people do it now. It used to be pretty common. When I was younger my dad and I would look thru the Shopper ads and find used cars that had a wrecked identical copy where a person kept the wrecked car and bought another like it so they'd have parts.
    People just don't turn wrenches much anymore I guess

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Ahh...I see. here it is really difficult to get the salvaged titled vehicle changed back once it is listed as salvaged.
    usually if the repair totals are 60-70% of the vehicles value they have that option...if you don't do that then you still have a clear title and it is easier to deal with.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ahh...I see. here it is really difficult to get the salvaged titled vehicle changed back once it is listed as salvaged.
    usually if the repair totals are 60-70% of the vehicles value they have that option...if you don't do that then you still have a clear title and it is easier to deal with.
    Don't quote me...
    But as far as Alabama from what I understand you have to get all the safety stuff working (bumper and lights in this case.) Then have it inspected by a State Trooper and they cut you a new title. I've never done it yet tho. I think it's treated as if you built a car yourself pretty much and it's declared a whole new car. (Again find out first. Don't quote me.)
    It may vary state to state.
    But, as I said tho in my original post, my price negates all that and selling it as if it's just a stripped motor and tranny on a stand, and one that ya can hear run before buying blindly. (A rare bonus.) No gimmicks or promises. It is what you see and make of it.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    pretty much like that here and they will inspect it when they get to it. told myself with a custom bike once...never again.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    pretty much like that here and they will inspect it when they get to it. told myself with a custom bike once...never again.
    Yeah maybe. I went in to the DMV last month and it seemed to change alot here. People are way friendlier and way more helpful than ever before. Seemed odd tbh lol. I was waiting for the Candid Camera prank crew or something. But I didn't have a physical copy to the impala. When my ex passed it all go lost track of as I payed it off long ago but never got an actual title. She saw it in the computer and asked if I wanted one. I said sure. She got one ready and said it would be in the mail lol. I gave up on getting that ages ago. But yeah very helpful here now it seems.
    But like anything I'm sure as soon as I brag on it they'll make a liar out of me.
    Could have just been a very rare day I guess lol

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Update.
    Impala is gone. So it's no longer a must buy 2 to get 1 deal.
    Cranked the Caddy today and filmed it running. Got the milage too...
    135 thousand miles.
    Can't upload the video here but if interested text me and I'll send it.
    Sounds better than I remembered it lol
    Thanks folks!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Bump!
    Been sidetracked but Caddy is still here if anyone is interested.
    Make an offer.
    Thanks

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Bump!
    Little snippet of video my daughter filmed when we cranked it. She sounds amazing folks!

Top Bottom