Patriot Mobile

1986 Mercury Capri / A.S.C. McLaren Edition - Super Rare, Super Low 15,500 Original Miles - Milton, Florida

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    1986 A.S.C. Mclaren, 15,500 original miles, in totally original condition with no modifications whatsoever. I am the second owner, and this was a barn stored car when purchased. I have owned it for 20+ years and have only driven it a few thousand miles in my ownership. It has been stored for a long while slowly doing a few improvements here and there. The car runs and drives pretty much like brand new, no issues whatsoever with the mechanicals. It is equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission that is super tight with no slop whatsoever. The power windows and door locks all work with the exception of the driver's side, passenger window switch which is intermittent (I am including a new switch). The sale includes brand new (NOS) leather hides for both front seats, made by Recaro and for this car individually. As well as a new NOS top (installed in 2019) also specific to this model and hard to find. It also includes replacement and never installed rear brake light covers still in the package which are super hard to find. The front covers are in perfect shape and were replaced with NOS items in 2019 as well.

The paint is definitely showing its age in quite a few spots, which is very typical for these cars with original paint. I tried to photograph the worst areas to let you know what I am talking about. The paint is overall decent at 10' but surely needs attention. There is also a noticeable ding to the tonneau cover (as photographed) which while not huge, would need body work attention. The top works as it should and stows perfectly. A/C does not work, I have no idea the problem but would guess it is age and storage that drained it of any useable gasses. Original, super-hard to find radar detector with remote sensors in perfect working order. Installed aftermarket radio (not functioning - fuse?) but original working radio and speakers included in sale. Original floormats, replacement exterior badging and wheel centers included. I also have a ton of hard-to-find bits and pieces I collected (as pictured) that will make any restoration easier. So many extras it is hard to list. I have more pictures at your request (this site only lets me post 10 pictures). Please let me know if you need any other information or additional pictures. The car is available for immediate showing in the Milton area.

Basically, this is a turnkey, 2-owner, perfectly running vehicle, waiting for the right buyer to complete a mild restoration to be 100%. The car runs and drives as it should and turns heads whenever I drive it. It would make a great addition to anyone's garage and will provide many years of fun in the sun!

PRICE: $12,000

I will accept trades on this car. I don't hunt so have no need for shotguns, hunting rifles, deer stands, etc.... I do collect higher end pistols, rifles, knives and accessories or other items that are unique or hard to find. I will entertain any trade offers firearm related or otherwise but please don't waste my time with junk. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5858.JPG
      IMG_5858.JPG
      905.3 KB · Views: 206
    • IMG_5860.JPG
      IMG_5860.JPG
      979.7 KB · Views: 203
    • IMG_5859.JPG
      IMG_5859.JPG
      910.8 KB · Views: 197
    • IMG_5861.JPG
      IMG_5861.JPG
      766.6 KB · Views: 196
    • IMG_5873.JPG
      IMG_5873.JPG
      433.8 KB · Views: 196
    • IMG_5876.JPG
      IMG_5876.JPG
      1 MB · Views: 203
    • IMG_5878.JPG
      IMG_5878.JPG
      688.8 KB · Views: 193
    • IMG_5891.JPG
      IMG_5891.JPG
      382.9 KB · Views: 186
    • IMG_5953.JPG
      IMG_5953.JPG
      381.4 KB · Views: 180
    • IMG_5862.JPG
      IMG_5862.JPG
      594.6 KB · Views: 189
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Did I miss the horsepower and torque produced ??
    With McLaren,Steeda,or Saleen,would this not be important ?? ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did I miss the horsepower and torque produced ??
    With McLarenSteeda,or Saleen,would this not be important ?? ---- SAWMAN
    In addition to new stiffened sports suspension, a 210 hp Ford Windsor V8 High Output engine with 366 Nm of torque managed by a five-speed manual transmission and combined with rear wheel drive was also fitted. Production was stopped in 1986 and was not replicated on the new third series model built since 1991.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That is my intention eventually, just wanted to try local first. In no real hurry to sell it and this allows me to tweak the ad here for a few weeks.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Awesome car! If I were just a few years younger, if for no other reason than to pay homage to my dad. He bought a new 85 Capri 5.0, he was a hot rodder. Didn't take long before all the troopers in Anchorage knew him...

Top Bottom