• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item
    1978 Jeep CJ-5 in good shape ready for a new owner. I bought this several months ago but will be moving soon to Texas and don't really want to haul this there with me. Included is a D44 front axle, 9 inch rear, 4 speed Ford NP transmission, 4 speed Jeep trans, plus a few boxes of extra parts (mostly used) that go with it. I also converted the rear end from drum brakes to discs, which makes it a lot easier to stop.

It has the 4.2l inline six and 3 speed transmission with manual locking hubs. It's not fast, but can comfortably cruise at 55 mph on the highways and gets somewhere around 15 mpg.

It runs and drives great; starts right up every time and has lots of new parts. Here is a breakdown of the parts on it:
    -New 12,000 pound winch
    -New fuel pump and filter
    -New starter solenoid
    -Freshly rebuilt 3 speed transmission
    -Brand new Bestop bikini top
    -Bestop seats (front and rear)
    -Kenwood CD player
    -Soundbar and two extra speakers mounted to the floorboard
    -New one piece axles, seals, and bearings in the rear (AMC 20)
    -Disc brake conversion on the rear with brand new calipers, rotors, lines, and pads
    -Truck liner inside
    -New steering column mounted tach
    -New fog lights
    -New speedo cable

There are a ton of other new parts I am probably forgetting.

This is ready for the trails and is a lot of fun to drive. I get lots of looks everywhere I go and have had no problems on any of the trails locally, but I mostly just drive it to work when it's nice out. The only thing it could use is a new set of tires before much longer, especially if you're planning on taking it out on the trails and in the mud.*

I am possibly interested in trades, but no other vehicles please. I am open to firearms, but would prefer cash.

I am asking $6500 OBO for everything, but I'm not really looking to budge much on the price. I think you'll find this is a great deal compared to the other Jeeps on craigslist. I don't have to sell, I just thought it would be easier than trailering this all the way to TX. If you buy this, bring a trailer for all the parts or a full size truck to carry them. You can drive this home today as I have a clean title in hand.

Contact Info
    Text me at (502) 714-9560 if you want to come check it out

Price
    $6500 OBO

I am moving to TX within the next 3-4 weeks and I would really prefer just to get rid of this before the move. Here are some pics:

null_zps12d0fa90.jpg

null_zps148a45b7.jpg

null_zps4f688f17.jpg

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow! If I hadn't just made a commitment on something else .......................

I have always wanted a Jeep and prefer these older models. GLWS.

Dammit.:frusty:

ford

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Could you post some pictures of the inside of it, the sides and the back please. Thanks

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could you post some pictures of the inside of it, the sides and the back please. Thanks

Sure will. As soon as the rain stops and I get some time I'll take some pics and post them up.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here are some more pics. The fuel can could be moved and the back seat bolted in place if needed. I also forgot to mention that I have four soft doors (tan) with two of them being full soft doors and two being half. Plus I have all the hardware for a soft top, I just don't have it all installed and don't have an actual soft top, just the bikini.

null_zps53b0c2ec.jpg

null_zps9326365d.jpg

null_zps3e0c62c7.jpg

null_zps474140b6.jpg

This weekend if I have time I will detail it get some better pics. The only real rust (it's not very bad) is on the passenger side (you can see it in the pic) and I was just planning on sanding it down and putting truck bed liner along the side from the bottom to about 4" up. That's how my YJ was and it looked good and was functional for the trails.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump. Cleaned it up, replaced the entire wiper assembly and wiring so they work great now. Fabbed up some latches for the soft doors so now they fit and work great. Anybody? Will consider trades for firearms.

This thing is a beast on the trails and great for cruising around town.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you drive it down 9 Mile Road today, around 8:00 this morning? Just wondering because one passed me that looked just like it, color, wheel, etc.

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope, I was at work. I haven't seen many CJs around and the ones I have we're 7's or 8's.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, OK. This one just looked really close to the pics of yours. I scope out every Jeep that comes by. LOL I figured that you probably drove through my 'hood to rile me up.

j/k

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $5500 cash. Not really wanting to haul this to TX.

Had this thing out today on the trails and in the mud. This thing is a blast and is ready to go; very capable and I would take it anywhere.

Last edited:

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I move this week and movers will be here tomorrow, so today is your last chance to get everything. $5200 and bring a truck for all the extra parts.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Used to live hunt and fish there. Dad is buried there and the Navy Air Field is named after him, loved the area! I wanna go!

That jeep will work great there, 4wd only area for saltwater fishing, hunting, dove fields, fresh water fishing at Choke Canyon, very popular there.

Last edited:

ben_p

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last bump. After today it's going on a trailer to TX. Had lots of tire kickers but no cash yet. $5k for everything today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom