• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for trying to help but they have the same issue i been running into BLACK sights.I need shiny or gold.

O and should a Tarus 1911 .38 super trigger be really really easy pulling from new? IS any way you know of for a person to test pull wieght? with house hold stuff and normal tools? Lightest trigger pull i have ever felt.

And is it normal for the first shot requiring the hammer pulled back?

1911's are single action only. And yes, the triggers should be light and crisp.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is bad ass man, never in a million years would I attempt that in fear of screwing it up.Yours my friend turned out like an aggresive factory pattern. GREAT JOB! I was thinking about the use of a dremel for this application,but depth of the cuts would probably be hard to emulate consistantly.With that said keep it up,there is big money in mods like this..

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would love to pay to have my last name etched into a few of my guns that i plan to pass down to my kids.Undecided though on the 1911 if i wana put it on the gun or just the grips?

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Really great work . in the day [1978- 80] I was a Machinist for Green Machine works downtown on ceder street so I can really appreciate your work

RIP col. james hugh green

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you sir, I appreciate it. I am a perfectionist and not entirely satisfied because its not perfect. But I learned a lot and the next one will be closer to perfect!

I am looking into getting some smaller machines, a lathe and a milling machine, for my little shop. Modifying these guns really fascinates me. I am glad we have a machinist on here, I am going to have boat loads of questions!

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think its awesome you are venturing into machining and what I consider pretty heavy modifications.

Can we start a refinishing section?

Top Bottom