• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A friend told me this PM that Dick's Sporting Goods should open in Cordova Mall towards the last of the month.

Personally....I'm hopeing they kick Academy's ass. And they will if they simply hire some professional employees. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What I'm thinking(hopeing)is that Dick's just might be the "go to" place for all things reloading also. THAT(!) will be a huge plus for P'cola. --- SAWMAN

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not me, they are on the DO NOT BUY from List

Dicks has stopped selling semi auto rifles.
    http://www.infowars.com/dicks-sporti...nt-intensifies

Same with me. :mad2:

I have not been in my local Dick’s (nor will I step foot in that store in the future) since they became all PC, but to each their own.

http://rare.us/story/dicks-sporting...adopting-politically-correct-anti-gun-policy/
    http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...oods-faces-customer-outrage-over-gun-ban.html
    http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2...les-stock-plummet-after-stopping-ar-15-sales/

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No can do at dicks!!!!!! The anti"assult weapon" responce was so strong the stock price dropped. Sorry dicks none of my money for you. we walk the walk in my house hold

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can have this one over here across the interstate from Bass Pro.
    1-employees are lazy dumb asses. If they see you they will go the other way.
    2-I ain't spending my money there for the above mentioned reasons.

Never did much anyway. Sometimes they would run CCI Blazer .22 bricks for $2 less than normal but that is all that I remember buying there.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can have this one over here across the interstate from Bass Pro.
    1-employees are lazy dumb asses. If they see you they will go the other way.
    2-I ain't spending my money there for the above mentioned reasons.

Never did much anyway. Sometimes they would run CCI Blazer .22 bricks for $2 less than normal but that is all that I remember buying there.

Maybe that is just isolated to that store, cause it's in Alabama???

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sounds like the ammo isle will be full at Dicks. Thanks guy! Ya'll have fun fightin' over each others shoulders at Academy. :tongue:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    90% of the time Dicks will be higher than Academy, besides I have principles and on principle, they can go to hell no matter what they are selling at whatever price.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Their sign says mid-June on front door..I was thinking they'd be open for Father's Day but it doesn't look like it yet..I've never really understood the big deal..their prices don't seem that great and I guess cuz I'm more of a handgun guy that they don't have much for me..maybe if I were into reloading it might b different (something I hope to get to soon)..not to mention the no black gun thing..if u look on their website they really only have maybe 20-30 rifles and guns to choose from..ill stick to academy and their lack of knowledge..even tho I'm sure dicks won't b much better

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's something about a name.....maybe in the near future, their parking lot will look like the sports authority's parking lot.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been in 6-8 Dick's around the country and have never seen reloading supplies of any kind. Not even a big ammo aisle. They are more like Sports Authority. Clothing is their main line.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend told me this PM that Dick's Sporting Goods should open in Cordova Mall towards the last of the month.

Personally....I'm hopeing they kick Academy's ass. And they will if they simply hire some professional employees. --- SAWMAN

Dicks is worse than Bass Pro shop when it comes to both prices and employees. Just another big chain. I lived for two years right next to a Dicks in SC. I drove an extra 30 minutes one way to go to another store. Dicks was always overpriced big time. They will never kick Academy's ass because they will never be able to beat their prices. People (majority of folks) could care less about the knowledge of the employees as long as they can point them in the right direction or aisle of what they are looking for. They want cheaper prices.

I have been in 6-8 Dick's around the country and have never seen reloading supplies of any kind. Not even a big ammo aisle. They are more like Sports Authority. Clothing is their main line.

Yep, every one that I have been into is more like a sports authority with a small outdoor and hunting section. Most I have been in has more golf stuff than anything.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yep you are right... I don't see why they are opening one in Pensacola. I don't see them lasting very long.

Is Sports Authority still open? I think I been in there once.

The only thing dicks is good for if you have kids into school sports and then again there prices are too high. They will close the doors within three years...

Only time will tell.

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just trying to picture in my mind Dick's sporting goods area (hunting, fishing, camping) as compared to Academy. I would guess Dick's is at most 1/3 of Academy's in size.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom