• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, my new gun trigger finger got itchy after a little too much whiskey last weekend and a got a random email from Bushmaster with some 350 legend Uppers with blemishes that were on sale. I have heard whispers of the caliber but had done no research and I just blindly pulled the trigger on the upper and a case of ammo along with several different weight boxes of bullets. I already own a 450 bushmaster and a 50 Beowulf that I love. Thought a .35 cal would fit right in. Upon researching the next day (pushing through the slight headache) I started having buyers remorse. This increased after buying reloading dies and watching a video on YouTube about the reloading challenges. Anyone have any experience with this cartridge? Are my regrets justified? Anyone having problems reloading for .350 legend?

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the 350 on paper looks like it doesn’t do much well. Seems the only reason for creation is states that require straight walled cases only for hunting. I saw reloaders discuss the case dimensions and you are not able to crimp the 350 legend case it has a very small ledge that stops the round from going too far in the camber. Seems problematic on a semi auto rifle? My gun is not complete and I haven’t shot this round yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2777.jpeg
      4.4 MB · Views: 11
    • IMG_2748.png
      IMG_2748.png
      170.8 KB · Views: 11
    • IMG_2688.png
      IMG_2688.png
      312.6 KB · Views: 14
    • IMG_2689.png
      IMG_2689.png
      390.6 KB · Views: 11

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I had problems expanding the case mouth without ruining the case mouth using a Lee set of dies. The expander would catch on the case mouth unless the case was perfectly aligned with the expander. I now expand the case mouth using a 9mm expander die with no further problems. I also run .358 bullets through a Lee 9mm bullet sizing die to make them into the 350 Legend diameter.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had problems expanding the case mouth without ruining the case mouth using a Lee set of dies. The expander would catch on the case mouth unless the case was perfectly aligned with the expander. I now expand the case mouth using a 9mm expander die with no further problems. I also run .358 bullets through a Lee 9mm bullet sizing die to make them into the 350 Legend diameter.
    Very good tip! I got the Redding dies on sale hoping the more expensive dies would pay me back on saving of the brass but heard several have had this problem!

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like to use .357 bullets , 180 grain hornady xtp’s to be specific. I load them subsonic and use them with a suppressor for pest control. If you use .357 bullets you have to either use starline brass or neck turn your cases . The starline brass has thinner necks and and works fine right out of the box. I use a ruger ranch bolt action and a howa bolt action and this is true for both of them . The neck is too large to fit in the chamber if you use .357 bullets with other brands of cases. Other that that minor thing I’ve had no other problems with loading for the 350 legend.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like to use .357 bullets , 180 grain hornady xtp’s to be specific. I load them subsonic and use them with a suppressor for pest control. If you use .357 bullets you have to either use starline brass or neck turn your cases . The starline brass has thinner necks and and works fine right out of the box. I use a ruger ranch bolt action and a howa bolt action and this is true for both of them . The neck is too large to fit in the chamber if you use .357 bullets with other brands of cases. Other that that minor thing I’ve had no other problems with loading for the 350 legend.
    seems the 180 weight are shooting really well for everyone. I also plan to shoot suppressed. I handy made the connection that .357 would work that is good to know. I wonder on the thicker cases if crimping will help. I try to keep two guns for each caliber and I think the Howa bolt is coming next. Thank you for the tips!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    350 Legend does exactly what it was designed to do. Separate you from your money. Along with the multitude of new cartridges that most likely will fade away in a decade.
    True but at least walmart carries this s caliber. My brides sister uses the 350l ruger ranch with good results. The only reason I moved mine out was I have the x39 RARR and WASR 10 and love em.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom