• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I need a 5 round AR magazine (.223) for my kids gun. I hate to order one online and pay shipping for such a small item. I was hoping someone local had one they could sell me. Also, has anyone seen any at the local shops? I only have one for my gun and really need to have two so they can carry their rifle instead of us switching back and forth.

PJOHNB

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw some at mikes last week a bit pricey at 30$ they also had the magpul 20 rd with the insert to make them 5 rd

jt7051

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need a 5 round AR magazine (.223) for my kids gun. I hate to order one online and pay shipping for such a small item. I was hoping someone local had one they could sell me. Also, has anyone seen any at the local shops? I only have one for my gun and really need to have two so they can carry their rifle instead of us switching back and forth.

Saddly the only dedicated 5rnd (no Plug) ones I found were from Midway. Made by AR Stoner they were $15 a pop w/o shipping.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I saw some at mikes last week a bit pricey at 30$ they also had the magpul 20 rd with the insert to make them 5 rd

Yeah, that's about right for Mike's.

Picked up one at Copeland's in Freeport for $19.99

Freeport as in Freeport where? I am not familiar with the town.

Saddly the only dedicated 5rnd (no Plug) ones I found were from Midway. Made by AR Stoner they were $15 a pop w/o shipping.

Yeah, thats the one I found and think it may be the way I go considering the prices locally.

Last edited:

Army_of_One

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Freeport is at the intersection of Hwy 20 and Hwy 331. You'd be better off paying shipping than driving there from P-cola.
    Yeah, that's about right for Mike's.

Freeport as in Freeport where? I am not familiar with the town.

Yeah, thats the one I found and think it may be the way I go considering the prices locally.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Headed to Academy in the morning to get some things and will check them for a 5 rounder although I am not holding my breath.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I appreciate the offer but I ended up ordering something online. I have been pretty happy with Magpul so I decided to get a 20 rd. PMAG and the limiters because Florida is the only place I hunt with a 5 round limit.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $15.99 at the gunshow. Let me know and I'll pick one up for you.

I picked up one of those but I just tried it and its not working with my gun... won't clip in then if you jack the bolt to get the mag seated the bolt can't close. If anyone has a suggestion for modifying it let me know please.

Shaggy I just came across a guy wilt a wood insert in a PMAG 20..... it was on another forum but he had posted dimensions.... looked like a pretty simple way to make a 5rnd mag

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah, I bought the 3 pack of limiters and it installed in all of about 15 seconds. I love Magpul's stuff, simple yet effective.

DevilDog

Semper Fi
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I only needed one to get me through this season. Next year I will be hunting in North Carolina and there are no magazine limits there so I won't need them. I just wanted to have one for each rifle incase we do ever hunt again in a 5rd limit state. I am sure that when we retire we will be back in Florida so I will keep them handy.

Top Bottom