• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper270

Master
    Alright fellas I need some wood. I'm making a wood plaque with a wood burning tool and was curious if there is a place to get different cuts of specialty woods. Also, what kind of wood would you suggest for such a project? I want it to possibly have a little bark and only be an inch thick at the most. I'm going to engrave/burn it with a design to hang on the wall. We are getting married and it's tradition in my family to have a plaque with the date you were married and my last name with a little design like a house or trees on it.

I figure there might be a few carpenters on here so let me know what you think. All I need is the wood. I can handle design and execution. Thanks!

Rapier

Marksman
    Would suggest you find a box mill, a small individually operated saw mill. If I knew where you live it would be easier. I was in the lumber business for years supplied specialty lumber. There is a Box mill on the south end of 393, east side, after you turn onto 393 from 90. There is another box mill owned by Dickie Steel down Millside Rd off 393. Dickie lives north of Millside Rd. There is a box mill on 85 south of Svea north side of the road. There is a box mill east of 87 on highway 90, south side about 3-5 miles east of the intersection.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    That is the problem with box mills, they come and go plus if the sawyer gets tired or sick or just decides to quit, they can be gone in a flash.
    The one on 90 used to be a cypress and juniper box mill with some oak.
    Ed

Fathertime

Marksman
    Wilson lumber east of Milton Gary Wilson specializes in cypress and red cedar he has some beautiful stuff over there. check out his web @ wilsonlumber.com

shootnstarz

Master
    I have red oak, maple, poplar, basswood, pine if you'd like to come by and see if there's anything you can use. If all you need is scrape pieces I'd happily give them to you.

Rick

Deersniper270

Master
    That'd be great! I'm not sure how big a peice I need yet. I should be available this weekend. I'll PM you and we can work out a time for me to come by.

jakec

Master
    guy on the corner of chemstrand rd and lake dr has some specialty stuff ive heard.

jakec

Master
    oh "WOOD"!! sorry, I misread the thread title.

Top Bottom