• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Their track record of blowing up rifles is well established... that's enough for me to never put that ammo in my rifle... but you do you.

I've not read any issues concerning pistol ammo from FM but rifle... it's a known problem.
    If one is careless with the powder being loaded, kabooms can happen. Pistol powder in a rifle equals big kaboom. Rifle powder in a pistol equals squib load at worst.

Lately there has been a problem with Turkish 7.62x51 kabooming rifles"

ZSR Ammo Officially RECALLS 7.62x51 Lot 15

We all hope ZSR fixes the problem.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Their track record of blowing up rifles is well established... that's enough for me to never put that ammo in my rifle... but you do you.

I've not read any issues concerning pistol ammo from FM but rifle... it's a known problem.
    Freedom Munitions (ironically I was wearing one of their shirts today). I agree on the high pressure stuff. I've also shot 1000's of the lower pressure pistol rounds, mainly 380 and 9x19mm. No issues. But I am a little touchy on stuff like .223 or .308.

Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone ever bought from Fenix??

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I get all my range stuff from freedom munitions online. You can get on their email list and they have frequent sales with 5$ shipping with any purchase of 200$ or more. They have factory re-manufactured rounds for the low low, and I’ve never had a problem with em.

+++1 on Freedom Munitions. Their in-house loads often use Hornady or other more premium bullets, and they sell both range and defensive ammo at exceptionally good prices. I run almost exclusively their 124 grain 9mm for training, and 62 grain .223 in my SBR (when it’s not green tip). I’ve tried a lot of different calibers including their 38 special and they all run flawlessly.

Otherwise watch for specials on Recoil Gunworks, Classic Firearms, Optics Planet or Midway USA online. They’ll each randomly have really good pricing on rifle or shotgun loads depending on the brand and series.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1

Top Bottom