• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am wanting to build a custom 22lr - nothing crazy but wasn't sure of of my options....
    Idealy, I would like to find a Remington 597 or a Ruger 10/22 complete action and possibly a barrel.
    Im curious if these items can be found to drop into a custom stock & rail setup without having to purchase an entire gun and waste the remaining factory parts. I googled a few options online but can't really find where these items are for sale separately. I have found a few aftermarket options but the price to build well exceeds a new complete rifle purchase. Anyone here have any suggestions on where to look or even if factory parts such as complete action,trigger and barrel can be bought separate. Any advise would be appreciated...
    Thanks,

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty sure you can find 100% a 10-22 available in aftermarket parts, including receiver.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    10/22's seem to be the way to go. Literally unlimited amounts of aftermarket parts! You can build a setup to stretch your shots out as far as you'd like with a 10/22. The hard part seems to be finding one. The price point right NOW it just a bit too high for me. I guess I'm "hoping" they will drop soon. Some have trickled back into stores slowly... but you never know.

I'd definitely go with the 10/22 though. Most back for your buck. By far the most reliable .22 rifle on the market. Lastly, the amount of readily available parts and accessories make it easy for your "build"

just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom