• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was in Ga today and I went to see it as I have never been to DC. Found a couple of my classmates names. I know it is not the real thing but it is a sobering experance to really see there names on it.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't know they had one is the main reason.
    Yep. There is a replica down by the Gulf Power building right across the street from the Bay in Pensacola. I believe it is 1/3 scale. I've been there several times on Memorial Day and it's a very moving experience. A group of Viet Nam vets got it rolling in the late
    80's and got it done. Check it out some time.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Low Rider I will now that I know it is there .Thanks for the information. I didn't get to go to eather funeral of my class mates as I was on Guam for one and stationed in South Dakota for the other one. It was a big loss for our hometown as it was small town and a small school. Like 36 in my graduating class.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Low Rider I will now that I know it is there .Thanks for the information. I didn't get to go to eather funeral of my class mates as I was on Guam for one and stationed in South Dakota for the other one. It was a big loss for our hometown as it was small town and a small school. Like 36 in my graduating class.

I know how that goes. There were 33 in my class, and I recently found out that 5 have passed away. I knew about 1 of them as it was not too long after we graduated, but I don't even know who the others are. We recently had our 40th reunion and I elected not to go as I just don't have any connection there any more.

I think you'll like the Wall in Pensacola. Every Memorial Day there is a motorcycle ride from 9 Mile Rd to the Wall that is very well supported with about 800 riders. It's like a mini Rolling Thunder in D.C.

Top Bottom