• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go Gators!!!:eek:hwell::fear:

Seriously, as a SEC fan, this was a VERY nice turn of events. Didn't Saban say something about getting back what was rightfully theirs or something like that at the beginning of the season? Yeah, take that. So nice to have something other than an entitled team in the championship game. Pulling for the Ducks on this one.

On another note, anyone want to start sharing the lamest excuse you've heard from a "fan" of either team? :D

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Bubba they do their best, never will be perfect, I called duck and bucs as soon as they were selected but they never asked me. I think there need to be 6 teams ad eventually 8 in the playoffs, but no one listens to me.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    How did all this wealth of knowledge miss being on the bowl selection committee?
    This forum is definitely an untapped resource. World issues are solved before lunch and football insight by 5pm.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An 8 team playoff is the answer. Their is 5 power conferences, win your conference championship and you are in and then have 3 at large bids.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Bubba they do their best, never will be perfect, I called duck and bucs as soon as they were selected but they never asked me. I think there need to be 6 teams ad eventually 8 in the playoffs, but no one listens to me.

Frank, I am going to agree with you. There should be 8 teams involved in the playoffs. Now, how they will be determined is another issue. I did agree with the decision on the four teams this year, but there should have been some other deserving teams given a shot as well. This is where the 8-team playoff series would come into play. Eight top teams (not picked by popularity, but by performance and notability) and the surviving two teams going to the National Championship.

iwannagofish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    9c2979ac871fe43484c61ae708adc240.jpg
    Funny_1.jpg

Attachments

• 9c2979ac871fe43484c61ae708adc240.jpg
      9c2979ac871fe43484c61ae708adc240.jpg
      30.3 KB · Views: 108
    • Funny_1.jpg
      Funny_1.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 111
    Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I graduated from FSU and like to see them win but I hold no illusions that Jimbo or anybody else connected with the program would give me the time of day without a $5,000 check in my hand.
    College football has become all about money so I don't take it too seriously.
    I did enjoy seeing Alabama lose though. Not so much because I dislike Alabama, I just get tired of hearing their obnoxious fans.
    The Ducks have a incredible team and I believe they will go all the way.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An 8 team playoff is the answer. Their is 5 power conferences, win your conference championship and you are in and then have 3 at large bids.

As I've said for several years, we need 8 teams in the playoff. We'll have to suffer with this system for the length of the contract but then there could be 4 conferences with 2 divisions each. Let the division winners play for a conference championship, make the 4 winners the top 4 seeds, the losers the bottom 4, and play it out. Right now there are 64 teams in the Power 5, plus stinkin' Notre Dame. Drop somebody (like Notre Dame) and let's get on with it.

Top Bottom