• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This blew me away, God Bless our men and women serving in the Military. You can see the rounds hitting by this guy, talk about a hero, this man ran into the open to draw fire away from his squad.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLHU-_OhT8g

Published on Sep 26, 2012 by FUNKER530
    No rounds penetrated his body armor, and he made it home with no permanent injuries. This happened in Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
    *READ* From the cameraman:
    " I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

This footage is part of an ongoing documentation of the war in Afghanistan. Subscribe for more footage uploaded daily.

More Afghanistan documentary footage at http://Funker530.Prochan.com

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All due respect, he was very brave to act in time of need, but what was he thinking, going down the hill? I don't know. Looks like fire was from other mountain, was he going down to get a better shot? Break out a sniper , was he going to charge the other mountain holdout? What's up why not call in air strikes ? My other thought is , "I'm Hit - I'm Hit"sounded like he got hit more than once. The man that went down to help him was the brave one!Can u imagine. It must be tough to fight a war with cameras everywhere.You wouldn't think uncle sam would want these videos all over the net ?

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All due respect, he was very brave to act in time of need, but what was he thinking, going down the hill? I don't know. Looks like fire was from other mountain, was he going down to get a better shot? Break out a sniper , was he going to charge the other mountain holdout? What's up why not call in air strikes ? My other thought is , "I'm Hit - I'm Hit"sounded like he got hit more than once. The man that went down to help him was the brave one!Can u imagine. It must be tough to fight a war with cameras everywhere.You wouldn't think uncle sam would want these videos all over the net ?

Here's the soldier's account of what happened and why-

" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WOW I missed that part, got kinda hidden under all the stuff, thought it was part of an add for footage,

Latest posts

Top Bottom