• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What is the first three of the serno of your MINI ?? Is it stainless or blued ??

I have done several to some success. All on the stainless trigger groups. It is fairly easy to do. NEVER put a file or sandpaper on the trigger. I use a Dremmel tool with a small felt wheel and some polishing compound that you can get at Home Depot,Lowe's,etc. The finer grit he better. I use the red or the white.

You have to go very slow remembering that you do not want to take any material off the surfaces, only POLISH what is there. I have been able to take my 581-XXXXX stainless Mini-14(6.8SPC)down to 3lbs 13.8ozs. It still has the two stage feel to it but that is quite easily gotten used to. It has a great stop at the end of the first stage and I have taken all but just a little creep out of the second stage.

A real plus is you snap out the trigger group,close up the trigger guard,then you can work on it without having to do the "take it out,work on it,put it in,try it,take it out,work on it,put it in,etc,etc," ..... thing. I also partially push out the pins,lube them with a grease(I use Tetra Gun)and re-center in group. Also a very small dab of grease on the parts that are used in cocking or the release of the hammer.

Remember also, that no matter if you had a 1lb 8oz trigger in that MINI they will,in the end,still shoot like a MINI. A MINI is a MINI. I do my MINI triggers simply because I cannot stand the feel of a gritty,heavy,trigger in ANY weapon. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'll tell ya......if that product is delivered as advertised..that is a super deal for the trigger work.

Snow Bird, if you end up getting this work done,I would be really interested in how the trigger felt. --- SAWMAN

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Sawman. Mine is blue and I havent got to fire it yet but I know I don't like the trigger. Mine is Blue and most of the triggers are 3 lbs on everyother gun I have. JohnAL have you had any work done by the shop you recomend. Thanks guys

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yessir. I have had David at Brimstone do two Ruger 10/22 triggers and we all know how bad most of them are. Now both have a clean break under 3 lb. and zero grit. His turnaround can be slow at times but usually they are back in the mail in a week. My first one took three weeks but I found out he was moving his entire shop across town and that is why he got behind. The second one was exactly 7 days between me dropping it off at the post office and the mail lady bringing it back. I can't speak for his Mini work but there are hundreds of satisfied customers on Rimfire Central. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490078

Last edited:

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok thanks. I may give them a try. Sawman I will sure let you know how it turns out if I go with them

M.O.A.

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do my MINI triggers simply because I cannot stand the feel of a gritty,heavy,trigger in ANY weapon. --- SAWMAN

EPIC. !!

Top Bottom