• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Here is a little description of my concealed carry weapon, loosely based on the Marine Corps' "Rifle Prayer".
    I felt the need to post this, after weeks of answering questions from people I know about guns, concealed carry, and the classic "What gun should I get?".
    I know many people who are unfamiliar with guns, and because of recent events, have become interested in at least knowing more about owning one. I take every opportunity I can to teach all that I know, as a gun owner, recreational shooter, hunter, and concealed weapon permit holder, to anyone who wants to know. So, in a nutshell, here is my "Concealed Weapon Prayer":

This is my concealed firearm. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    I chose to carry because I love my life, I love my family, and I want to live to enjoy both. Others may disagree, and want to harm me, in my daily routine. I carry a weapon so that they may not, if I have a choice.
    I chose this weapon for my own reasons. Not because of fear, advertising, peer pressure or as a status symbol. I chose my weapon because it is the best weapon to preserve MY life, in the situations I may encounter. Others may have theirs. I may have others. This one is mine.
    I must maintain my weapon. I must practice. This is not recreation, or a hobby. This may save my or my family's life. If I enjoy this, it means that I enjoy knowing that my family is safer, and I have not failed in my duty as provider and protector.
    I know my concealed carry weapon like I know my self. If I sense something wrong, I will have it corrected, be it mechanical, physical, or otherwise.
    I will not be impaired in any way, while I carry my firearm.
    My concealed weapon may not be my whole life, but that is what it may save. I treat it as such.
    This is my concealed weapon.
    What is yours?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like it... Except for the recreation and hobby part... can't it be all things? :bounce:

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good point, ilintner. My usual choice for concealed carry just isn't my first choice to shoot for fun. Once I get going with it, the mood lightens up, but then my hand gets a bit sore after a few dozen rounds. If it were the only gun I could own, for whatever reason, I would make a different choice. I just thank God we are fortunate enough to have those choices to make.
    sj1

Top Bottom