APOD Firearms

the best song you will hear in a long time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unions are communists by another name. Go stick that union BS up Big Mike's tail pipe, read the book "The Naked Communist" and so educate yourself on the history of unions, communists, lobbyists and special interests in general and then we can have an informed conversation about your new found conversion to the Right way of life

Oh right, The Naked Communist. The Cleon Skousen book from the 50’s. He’s also an anti-semite and conspiracy theorist that was against a minimum wage, public land, job safety regulation, and the separation of church and state. Also one of the forefathers of the idea that slaves were “freer” than many whites of the time. A real darling of fringe right wing blowhards, especially those on conservative “news” outlets.

Please excuse me if I keep my views right where they are.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oh right, The Naked Communist. The Cleon Skousen book from the 50’s. He’s also an anti-semite and conspiracy theorist that was against a minimum wage, public land, job safety regulation, and the separation of church and state. Also one of the forefathers of the idea that slaves were “freer” than many whites of the time. A real darling of fringe right wing blowhards, especially those on conservative “news” outlets.

Please excuse me if I keep my views right where they are.
    I bet you'd keel over from a panic attack if your big government nanny state ceased to exist...

Reactions: FLT

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    This guy is not a musician but I heard this song went #1 on billboard. First time it's ever happened(I am told). I still need to listen to the song I guess and make my judgement. "Greatest ever" is what I see in a lot of my social media feeds.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Guess I'm a little perplexed by some of the responses here. "Astroturfed," "neo-confederate" and "contempt for poor people" out of that meme, especially, along with "highly commercial." Dude's rockin a cheap Gretsch resonator with a single mic setup in the middle of his property and refused every record deal that's come his way.

What is wrong within the song? We are overtaxed, we are being watched, politicians openly diddle minors and get away with it, we have a massive homeless problem, people are abusing welfare, and the worth of our dollar is absolutely abysmal. Yeah, some people have said many of the same things before but this one seems to be hitting where the others didn't, reaching across both sides of the aisle.

I guess I don't see this song as left or right wing at all, it's simply a commentary on the problems in this country. People are tired, and tired of it all.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Guess I'm a little perplexed by some of the responses here. "Astroturfed," "neo-confederate" and "contempt for poor people" out of that meme, especially, along with "highly commercial." Dude's rockin a cheap Gretsch resonator with a single mic setup in the middle of his property and refused every record deal that's come his way.

What is wrong within the song? We are overtaxed, we are being watched, politicians openly diddle minors and get away with it, we have a massive homeless problem, people are abusing welfare, and the worth of our dollar is absolutely abysmal. Yeah, some people have said many of the same things before but this one seems to be hitting where the others didn't, reaching across both sides of the aisle.

I guess I don't see this song as left or right wing at all, it's simply a commentary on the problems in this country. People are tired, and tired of it all.
    It's a great song, that many more should be relating to, Kudos to him! My personal experience with music is it has a way of finding me, when I need it. Ymmv
    As for as our "great divide", That will only mend when people start to realize there is no left/right, but a status quo that works tirelessly to keep us divided in as many ways as possible, then we all work to unite again into we the people, limiting government intrusion into our lives. Some are, like this gentleman, but very few with opposing views will never give him a listen.
    Facts; it's universal human nature to believe you are always on the right side, no matter who you are and what you believe. Personally I try not to argue conservative politics, but reach out to all my brothers and sisters, or whatever, and challenge them to develop critical thinking skills. But there will always be those too far gone...
    TDS: the struggle is real!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom