• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steponapoptop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Made the mistake of lightly holding my pistol gripped Mossberg yesterday when switching for bird shot to a home defense round. A few icepacks later I have decided to add a stock the pistol grip so I can shoulder shoot that bad boy! Anyone have any ideas on a good comfortable stock I can add/remove as the situation arises? So much for hold on loosely .38 special ...

steponapoptop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Forgot to add but I was looking at the UAG Mossberg tactical conversion kit. About $60.00 on Amazon and had good reviews. Thanks again for any help!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Years ago I put a pistol grip and a front vertical grip on my 870. Three rounds of hunting 00 buck later I took it back off and the set has been in the closet ever since.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You probably won't be happy with a folding stock either......you need something to actually control the recoil. I have a 500 with the Knox stock ... http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/Stocks-KNOXX,10.htm
    You can fire as fast as you can rack the rounds into the chamber....00 buck or even slugs. Not only is it painless, but you can stay on target as well.
    The stock collapses like an ar stock....so it's still pretty short when stored....but quickly extends for use.

Shley65

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shoot an 11-87 with a Speedfeed pistol grip stock and love it . The main gripes I've heard with pistol grips and 500's is that it's hard to reach the safety .

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guess it's too late to bring it up but I've got the Knoxx Blackhawk recoil stock on my Moss 500. It helps a little but ovrall I do think it's really comfortable. Pic attached.

On that subject: The Knoxx kit came with a nice synthetic forestock that I can't use so if any GCGF members would like to have it PM me. Free to a good home. The reason why I can't use it is because it's made for the old style action that had a separate foregrip and guide rods. If your Mossy has a synthetic stock already this won't work. You've got to be able to disassemble the rods and nut and reinstall on this foregrip. I think that's only for models that came with wooden furniture. I researched buying the guide rod, nut and bracket separately and it's not worth it.

Edit: I apologize for picture size. Gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• T-14 010.jpg
      T-14 010.jpg
      305.5 KB · Views: 274

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As mentioned I have the Blackhawk. I can't speak for the other one. The Blackhawk works as advertised by reducing "some" recoil. I really like it but........I wonder how many cycles it's actually good for. I bought it on a whim and, well, I do like gun bling. If I was going to upgrade a shotgun that I planned on really putting a lot of shells through I think I might not go with the Blackhawk, being concerned about longevity. Not sure what or if anything would happen if that spring broke. I was concerned about recoil in the event my wife shot it much but that's not gonna happen, she's more comfortable with .410 and has other firearms for HD use. My Mossy 500 is a HD gun only so it never sees more than around 150 shells a year.

Armywags, you are welcome to look at mine, inspect and shoot it to see what you think.

steponapoptop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The kicklite stock installed very easy on my very new Mossberg 500 with tactical grip. Haven't shot it yet though. Will let you know.

Top Bottom