• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Q4Q

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a KDS9c, a ds 1911 with an external extractor. When trying to unload a live round it gets stuck, can't manually cycle it. It takes several hard pull/jerks and there have been a couple times I was unsure I would get the round out. Only with live rounds, dummy rounds work fine. If you use the same round over and over, it's gets easier, use a new round and back to the same.

Magazine in or out makes no difference.
    Using S&B and Fiocchi factory new 115 & 124 all have the same result.

At the range it fires fine with only an occasional F2F.

It has been back to Kimber once with no improvement. Like to get some seasoned ideas before it goes back again.

TIA

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Take the barrel out. Plunk test in the chamber several different brands of cases and bullet profiles. Round should seat and fall out with gravity. Check for marks on the case or on the bullet ogive. You may have a burr in the chamber or a very short throat.

Q4Q

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Take the barrel out. Plunk test in the chamber several different brands of cases and bullet profiles. Round should seat and fall out with gravity. Check for marks on the case or on the bullet ogive. You may have a burr in the chamber or a very short throat.
    That's what I was thinking! It does not fall out with gravity, sticks in the chamber. Didn't notice a burr but now, armed with this new info, I will give it a much more detailed look when I get home.

Q4Q

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A bronze bore brush chucked in an electric drill will smooth out a sticky chamber. That followed by my old standby lube 50/50 Marvel Mystery Oil/ Mobil 1 10w-30w synthetic homebrew has always worked for me!
    I'll have to give it a try. Dunno about the home brew though, I'm no chemist

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been using that homebrew for more than 15 years now on all my guns. It doesn't evaporate and turn to sticky residue like CLP does if it sits too long. A former co-worker who teaches high volume carbine courses for Govt Contractors turned me on to this home brew lube. That's all they use. It makes clean-up a snap with less scrubbing on BCG's and gas keys.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    A bronze bore brush chucked in an electric drill will smooth out a sticky chamber. That followed by my old standby lube 50/50 Marvel Mystery Oil/ Mobil 1 10w-30w synthetic homebrew has always worked for me!
    I wonder, if the brand Mobil makes any difference?

Q4Q

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been using that homebrew for more than 15 years now on all my guns. It doesn't evaporate and turn to sticky residue like CLP does if it sits too long. A former co-worker who teaches high volume carbine courses for Govt Contractors turned me on to this home brew lube. That's all they use. It makes clean-up a snap with less scrubbing on BCG's and gas keys.
    So straight up 50/50 marvel and automobile Mobile 1 10w30?

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ll have to try this “home brew”….I’ve had no issues with CLP and the newest Gov replacement NSN wise of Radcolube, we get it by the 55 gal drum at work for the C-130J gunships, so no issues ever having too much “lube”…

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Grab a handful of rounds. As said earlier insert round in chamber with barrel removed. Mark 12:00 on round in chamber with a sharpie. Give it a good seat with your thumb then remove round. Do the same a few more times with the remaining rounds. Be sure to mark 12:00 on all of them while it's in the chamber. Once you get a good sampling compared to rounds and any kind of blemishes from scraping a chamber. That will give you a good idea of the area you need to address in the chamber rather than opening up the entire thing.

Q4Q

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grab a handful of rounds. As said earlier insert round in chamber with barrel removed. Mark 12:00 on round in chamber with a sharpie. Give it a good seat with your thumb then remove round. Do the same a few more times with the remaining rounds. Be sure to mark 12:00 on all of them while it's in the chamber. Once you get a good sampling compared to rounds and any kind of blemishes from scraping a chamber. That will give you a good idea of the area you need to address in the chamber rather than opening up the entire thing.
    Sounds like a solid plan, I'll get after it this evening!

Q4Q

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the awesome advice, didn't find any burrs but there is definitely a dimensional issue with the chamber. I emailed Kimber and I'll see where it takes me.

Top Bottom